Firenze-Peretola (LIRQ), Florence, Italy: Runway 05-23 tear

Hey all,

LIRQ runway 05 had a funny landing. Clipped here, out of nowhere invisible jump ramp.

2 Likes

Firenze mamma mia …

maybe Florence is part of the MS 3rd party airport program where mesh is so poor that everybody needs to buy the payware version asap :joy:

i’m landed without problem in Peretola its strange

On runway 05?

Yes. Many times without problems

I experienced this as well in LIRQ and LIPE, not when starting on this airports but only when arrive from a distance.

See the screenshot there are cracks all over the Airport (screen only shows the biggest ive seen).

2 Likes

Happened to me too this night. Reported to Zendesk.

1 Like

It happened to me in KMSP Minneapolis St.Paul, rwy 30L, same issue. Already reported to Zendesk too

1 Like

confirm, same for me in Bologna LIPE

I believe what we’re seeing here is screen tearing. It can happen at many airports (personally, I’ve seen it at Daytona & San Diego) and the faster you’re coming in, the more likely you are to see it. Fly the same landing in a 152 and you probably are going slow enough that it won’t appear. Come barreling in a plane flying 140+, and you’re more likely to see it. If you’re unfortunate enough to hit it on landing, it will absolutely throw you off. The one in Daytona launched my King Air nearly straight up before crashing on the tail. If you use the drone camera or developer camera, you won’t see the screen tear as you’re moving too slow.

Touched down at Florence airport (LIRQ/ILS 05) with Gaya Scenery add on and out of nothing, I was bounced into the air, plane crashed :frowning:

never experienced that before

Here’s what it looks like in Florence LIRQ (photogrammetry on). Had this issue twice in a row.

still crashing on LIRQ with latest Gaya Version 1.1 :pensive:

very annoying not to finish a 90 min flight because of crashing into invisible objects on the runway.

fix is really needed !!

Same here. They (Gaya) said they‘d look into it.

LIPX (Verona, Italy runway 28), Florence LIRQ runway 23 have same problem. I reported them.

1 Like

Using the beautiful modeled payware airport LIRQ by GAYA with photogrammetry enabled, makes it almost impossible to land on the runway without crashing the plane and or get kicked into the air.

As seen in the screenshots below, it seems that the photogrammetry data by bing maps is pushing through the runway and the surface.

it’s very sad, that the issue is in the simulator for month now and is still not addressed by the developer ms/Asobo or gaya.

did you contact Gaya support?

yes on Oct 22, 2020. almost two moths now and sadly no updates or changes

I’ll try to do the same…

1 Like

as i can see from your pictures, you also have these scenery errors. i don’t mean the runway but the spiky mountains in the background. i have them since the last update. i also see more of them near airports. when approaching lowy rwy26, a skyscraper suddenly juts into the approach path. do you know the problem?
best regards