[LIST] Got Friends: Development Hangar

It is based on your payload settings under the “passenger” weight selection prior to or during flight. Just like you put weight on co-pilot to see a 2nd human, you can put weight on Passenger to see a furry companion. Weight ammount determines if you have a cat, dog, or both. But in case you forget before flight (And I believe MSFS remembers your prior settings) you can switch it with a knob within a second or less time to remove them.

1 Like

MSFS remembers your settings for some addons (JustFlight Pipers for example) but not for others such as Carenado which always start with a co pliot regardless. A pet (pardon the pun) hate of mine.

Removing Companions by Default on MSFS startup:

Please find your “flight_model.cfg” file in the aircrafts community folder.

Filepath: gotfriends-optica/SimObjects/Airplanes/gotfriends-optica/flight_model.cfg

Right Click → Open with Notepad, find this line, and only change the “170” to “0”. Go to File → Save, and Start MSFS. Now, your default weight loadout will be 0 lbs for a passenger instead of 170 lbs until you either change it back or update this aircraft in the future.

Speaking of the future, we will look at better alternatives and/or a way to save your last known companion configuration. However, for now, this is the best semi-permanent solution we have to save your weight loadout.

1 Like

Thank you. I will do this for the Optica but wish I could do the same for all of my addons, except the cfg files are not always available of course.

They should be available. If for some reason they aren’t with a marketplace purchase I’ll include a free download (drag and drop to the community folder) that will permanently remove all companion functionality.

Defs excited for the pets and R3 update :slight_smile:
Also, just wondering if you guys also will be updating your planes with the new prop physics?

In the works :slight_smile:

3 Likes

EA-7 Edgley Optica by Got Friends Released!

Our Optica is now available to purchase on Flightsim.to! Remember, the 50% Off appreciation price-tag ($10 USD) is only a one week sale, don’t miss out! Got Friends would like to thank you for all your support and for the amazing feedback throughout our last year! May will continue to make enjoyable content for years to come! We hope you enjoy this unique vision of the EA-7 Edgley Optica

Purchase Link:

50% Off Trailer:

1 Like

I’m seeing an autopilot in the Edgley video above.

Have they added an autopilot to the stock Edgley, or is that a mod?

Thanks!

This is not the Orbx Edgley Optica. This is an entirely different rendition of it by our small team. It is a more modern vision of the Optica. One that would have been a possibility if the original manufacturer was not riddled in early financial hardships.

Loads of features on this version. :slight_smile: I kindly implore you to watch a few review videos on YouTube to see if she meets your needs.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply!

The dog and the cat are cute, but can I turn them off to add a copilot or fly solo without them?

Edit: Just saw the answer to my question above. I can turn them off. I’m in! Will buy it later this afternoon! Cheers!

1 Like

Thanks for the Pet workaround. Much appreciated!

Updated List

Just picked up a Bee Geeeeeeee! Last day of the special offer folks :face_with_monocle:

BTW the plane still pulls to the right even with my RPM all the way back and no throttle. Not sure if that fix actually worked with 2.0.1. I have a 35% deadzone too. Other then that the plane is a blast to fly.

I do hope the DA50 will move to the in progress list. It’s by far the most exiting one on the list and I suspect it would also appeal to a wide user base.

2 Likes

We are actively working on it, it’s just not in the forefront of development because it’s still under 3D Modeling. Once in game for further development, the real fun starts :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hmm… there is a guy named Mike. And his name beckons me. Not sure why. Hmmmm.

I’m hoping the mystery STOL plane has a name that rhymes with “Flappy”.

DEVELOPMENT PROJECT UPDATES
Date: May 18th, 2022

RELEASED AIRCRAFT:

• Gee Bee R3 Special confirmed compatible with SU9.
    No Pending Updates

• Discus-2c confirmed compatible with SU9.
    No Pending Updates

• Edgley Optica confirmed compatible with SU9.
    No Pending Updates

• MXA confirmed compatible with SU9. Got Friends has decided NOT to release this aircraft to Xbox due to marketplace constraints on freeware content. May revisit in the future.
    No Pending Updates

• DR.1 Fokker confirmed compatible with SU9. Got Friends has decided to add additional content, better flight dynamics, more development and release it to Xbox at the minimum available marketplace price in the near future.
    Xbox Release Update/Freeware Update Pending

• Monster NX confirmed compatible with SU9.
    No Pending Updates

• Savage Grravel confirmed compatible with SU9.
    No Pending Updates

• Savage Carbon confirmed compatible with SU9.
    No Pending Updates

• Vertigo confirmed compatible with SU9.
    No Pending Updates

AIRCRAFT UNDER DEVELOPMENT:

• Revolution Mini-500 is in final stages of development. Teaser Trailer has been released. WASM gauge is in final stage of production and the Mini-500 will be native to MSFS without the use of 3rd Party Applications. This will also be AirlandFS Profile compatible with WASM integration. This will not be releasing on Xbox until official WASM support or Helicopter support.
  • Discus-2c FES (Premium) is in final stages of development. Beta will be kicking off as soon as we implement a few more critical features. This will be releasing on the official marketplace bundled with an upgraded standard (non-FES) version on both PC and Xbox.

• Grumman F4F-4 is in sound stage of development. Our team is scouting out samples for original Wildcat sounds and working on WWISE packaging.

• Asobo Porter Realism Mod is undergoing testing and our team has nothing new to report on this improvement mod.

• Mike Patey’s Draco has been delayed indefinitely. We are awaiting sources of Draco data in order to continue developing an accurate experience. This is hard to find due to there being little information and no active aircraft.

• Stemme S12-G has been delayed indefinitely. This may change in the future with further recieved contract information, however development is canceled at this time.

• SG-38 has been delayed due to lack of community support.

• DA-50 RG is in modeling phase of development. Our team has no additional previews at this time.

• Developement on an unannounced STOL aircraft has started development. Modeling is 80% Complete.

• Announcing the U15 Phoenix S-LSA Motorglider. This aircraft is fully 3D Modeled and our team is working on textures, animations, and XML support. Due to Stemme’s current situation, this will be a nice motorglider release to the community while we wait for more answers. The U15 is a two seater light sport motorglider being manufactured by Phoenix Air and Pure Flight.

More Information:

Updated with available documentation for download.

5 Likes

■■■■, I hate to hear that about the Stemme. I really looked forward to that one.

1 Like