Little Navmap 3.0.6 stable version released (update 29)

There is no ARINC cycle information in the FSX, P3D and MSFS scenery data.

There is a package version line in the ‘manifest.json’ file that they could have used:

"package_version": "0.1.57",

Just got the Little Navmap working in the toolbar. Zoom is not zooming out very far is that normal?

1 Like

hello,

I am flying in vr and i can get a Desktop implant on my vr picture, but the iframe From lnm panels its better to See. i want one more iframe lnm Panel with the flighplan. everywhere can help me for that Problem?

lnm Panel is in the toolbar and i can See the map but one more with flight Plan.

1 Like

@albar965 question regarding flight planning with airways: when I use the flight plan calculation to generate a route between departure and arrival airport (with prefer airways set), the plan that LNM generates actually contains the airway names together with their altitude restrictions. But when I do ‘manual’ flight planning by adding VORs and waypoints that define airways, this information is missing. Is there any way that would allow me to to tell LNM that my route between a point A and a point B should actually use the airway that is defined by those points?

I’m using the exported flight plan from LNM together with Pilot2ATC, and P2A will make use of the airway info for plan validation etc, so it would be great if this would be available.

Thanks!

Dirk

Answering my own question here - I found that when I manually create my flight plan by adding the appropriate VORs and waypoints on the map (right click / Add to flightplan), and then bring up ‘New flight plan from route description’, I can insert the corresponding airway designators between the waypoints, and then ‘Create Flight Plan’ will include the airways with their restrictions in the flight plan.

It would be super cool if this could be done via the map, something like right-clicking on the airway segment and being able to ‘Add segment to flightplan’, so I’ll change my question to a feature suggestion :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Dirk

Sorry, no way to select airways between manually added legs for now.

You can also select legs in the flight plan table and calculate a plan. This also works for two adjacent navaids which are connected by one of more airway legs. Select two navaids/legs in the flight plan table, right click and calculate between selected. Calculate Flight Plan for selected Range

Manual airway planning is on the list. Have to see what can be done for the next major release.

Alex

2 Likes

Not sure if this is a new feature, but Little Nav Map 2.6.6 now crashes the sim every single time I try to continue leg 2 of the Alaskan bush trip. With regular freeform flights and Little Nav Map, the sim appears to work fine.

This is a new feature that came with the last MSFS update. Reported and waiting for next update. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Thanks Alex, hadn’t thought about that before! I just tried it with a few flight plans, and it ‘kind of’ works for me with limitations. If I select a number of legs then LNM often doesn’t keep my original routing but ‘optimizes’, whereas if I go VOR-to-VOR it’s usually fine (though I had one case where there were two different airways between the VORs and LNM chose the other one :wink:).

I guess I’ll stick to the manual flight plan editing for now, so if you’re able to simplify this in any way in the next major release that would be awesome!

Thanks again!

Dirk

I really like Littlenavmap, use it all the time for both VFR or IFR flight, well done :wink:

Just one thing missing for me, is the presence of SIDs and STARs, because you can’t currently read the data from MSFS.

Do you have hope that Asobo will unlock the data soon, or will we all need to subscribe to a third party service?

3 Likes

There is another source for information now. But it will take some time to implement SID and STAR.

2 Likes

Thanks for the update, if it’s in the time frame of 3-4 month that’s fine, it will take this time to see MSFS improve and some good plane addon to be published anyway

So are the crashes related to the bush trip, or just LNM and the sim running together? I ask because since the last update I have been experiencing more frequent crashes, and today they were repeatable, and went away when I wasn’t running LNM. I thought I resolved this with a reboot of my machine, as I was able to load the flight without a crash, however about an hour in I got another crash. It’s really unfortunate as LNM has become essential for me.

1 Like

Related to LNM connected to MSFS. You can still use it but do not connect to the simulator. Several people reported random crashes when using SimConnect.

Ok no worries, just wanted to make sure I didn’t have some edge case issue. Thanks!

@phobos8287

Just wanted to share something that I had tried to resolve the CTD.

CTD started initially with FS2Crew: Push Back Express. After that every LNM connect with MSFS resulted in CTD when it was never a problem.

Uninstalled FS2Crew: Push Back Express and did a Modify of the Microsoft Flight Simulator - Sim Connect Client in the Program Add/Remove Menu.

This resolved the issue. Haven’t tried any Bush Flights though.

It is now reported in FS2Crew forum that their SimConnect.cfg was creating CTD in MSFS. Maybe it’s contributing to the issues with LNM/MSFS.

Either way try the Modify and see if it helps you.

Edit- Unfortunately this didn’t resolve the issue. Did a longer flight and still crashed about an hour into it.
Thanks for the tip. I did a repair on all instances of Simconnect, and my next flight was crash free. I’ll do some more lengthy testing tomorrow.

1 Like

Hi, I´m having a strange issue with addon airports and LNM. Somehow LNM doesn´t recognize Aerosofts Cologne-Bonn and Paderborn airport. All other addon airports get imported into LNM without problem. Does anyone have the same issue or solutions? I should add that on earlier versions of LNM I didn´t have this problem.

LNM comes with its own SimConnect but if you delete this it tries to use a installed version

Try to change the entry "content_type: "CORE" to "content_type: "SCENERY" in the file manifest.json of the sceneries. This might help.

Will be fixed for next LNM version.