Little Navmap 3.0.5 stable version released (update 28)

Thank you Alex. You are a gent. And I’ll also thank you on behalf of all the other people you have replied to today. Your dedication is unmatched.

I was in the right ballpark, and did see the first option, buy I’ll definitely try the second option as well. Gives me something to play with for the next hour :blush:

And thank you for exceeding 10 words. You would have struggled to explain it if you hadn’t lol.

All the best Alex.

Chris.

1 Like

Doesn’t work for me either. I have the LNM web server running, but the icon doesn’t show up in my tool bar in game. I’ve checked and it’s indeed installed as per instructions.

Shame, really. That would have been an amazing replacement for the useless VFR map.

1 Like

I can use it in windowed mode but not in full screen which l prefer

Is there a way to reset the elevation profile? When you change the flight plan altitude the little information popup on mouseover still shows the original altitude from the plan. Hard to explain, so here is a screenshot. The original altitude was 5500, changed it to 2000 but still shows 5,500. Not exactly a big deal lol.

Another thing, is there a toggle for showing AI plane info? Sometimes I get information on type and altitude etc, and sometimes I just have the orange plane on the map with no info.

No. It should reset automatically and you found a bug since it does not reset automatically. :wink:

AI labels are shown if you zoom in close or if the AI is close to your aircraft.
You can customize the AI labels in options page Map Display 2 in the tree on the right. More is not configurable apart from that.
Alex

I cannot help with that. Try to ask here:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/release-littlenavmap-toolbar-window/296952

1 Like

Hi Alex,

is the NOAA wind disabling a temporary thing? Will NOAA aloft come back?

From https://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:

Currently Grib Filter and OpenDAP applications are unavailable and we are working to restore services.

Hope it will be back soon.
Alex

2 Likes

Hi Alex,

I keep getting random crashes with the beta. It gives a libstdc+±6.dll error. Is there anything I can send you to help debug it?

Why i dont have frequencies of some airports in Little navmap…For example TJCP Benjamin Rivera Noriega ?

Please send me the log file per email after a crash (contact here: Alex Projects).
Log file is here: C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp\abarthel-little_navmap.log

I see CTAF and MULTICOM for this airport but this is with Navigraph update. For stock airport I cannot see anything.

I never know if I read all data correctly since the BGL format changes are not documented by Asobo. :man_shrugging:t2:

Alex

Have you tried reaching out to Asobo? After all, they are using your tool to create their bush trips … They might be inclined to tell you the secret changes in the BGL :wink:

Not yet. Still busy fighting my own bugs.

1 Like

Hello,
I have an issue with LNM 2.6.2beta, I might do something wrong as I’m a new user, so please let me know.

I’ve installed it, went to Scenery Library/Load Scenery Library, my MSFS directory (E:\MSFS, containing both Official and Community subdirs) was already selected in the “Simulator:” field, so I hit “Load” and let it run till it was done.

Now I have many addons small airports like LF652 (https://flightsim.to/file/928/altisurface-lf0652-cipieres)
Problem : when I enter the airfield code ‘LF652’ into MSFS, I find it and can use it as departure or arrival. But in LNM, if I type ‘LF652’ (I also tried ‘LF0652’), I get “0 of 0 airports selected”. I have no paths excluded in “Options/Scenery Library Database”

Is there anything to setup for LNM to see addon airports ?
Thanks,
Haddock

Wind error issue seems to have disappeared. So many useful options in this app. My love for LNM keeps growing everyday. It can now display official FAA vfr and ifr maps. Hope to see it in MSFS marketplace someday.

2 Likes

Yep… had wind data reported today while flying to KPHX… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nothing to setup. LNM scans the Community folder and adds all airports as add-on. Just tested the airport and it shows up as Altisurface Cipieres (LF652).

Did you reload the scenery library after adding the airport?
Did you put it into the top level folder like ...\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\altisurface-cipieres-lf0652 ? LNM does no read subfolders (neither MSFS as far as I understood).

Thank you for the log file. Unfortunately I cannot see anything specific in there. :worried:

I fixed a crash that happened when updating the elevation profile a few days ago. Hopefully it is already solved. Let me know if not after the next update.

Alex

Yup, I reload the scenery everytime I’ve added airports. I just did it once again to be sure.
Yes, top level folder; as I said, MSFS finds the airport in the flight planner and I can use it ingame, so no trouble with the location.

One note : I rename dirs (this one to “AD_FR_altisurface-cipieres-lf0652”) to keep my Community folder more or less in order, but it doesn’t bother MSFS.

In LNM, I use the “Search” subwindow, “Airports” tab, I’ve clicked on “Clear all search filters”. Still “0 of 0 airports selected” if I start typing “LF6” :frowning:

I made a few more tests :

• if I hit “LF” in the airport search, I get zero french airfields with a number in the ICAO code; yet I have many of them that I can use in MSFS.
  • However I see my french addons airports without numbers (LFRH, LFRJ), so it’s not a “France” problem.
  • if I hit “BC” in the airport search, I find all my canadian airfields with a number in the ICAO code (BC02, BC03…) so it’s not a number problem.

Any suggestions ?

So many questions being asked so I hate to ask another, but, I’ve been planning some long multi-leg trips recently that require different altitudes during each leg. Just wondering if there is something I’m missing that would allow me to change the altitudes for different checkpoints, or if that is planned at all.