Little Navmap 3.0.6 stable version released (update 29)

I just want to say,how much fun i have,making all these plans and discovering paths with LNM !

The creator is a LEGEND !

6 Likes

I sometimes fly in non-English countries such as Japan and Korea. The data such as place-names, roads, etc. are in native language. Is it possible to see these in English. Have tried tracking on a Google map on another monitor but I spend more time jumping back and forth between monitors than flying. I have to pause the flight to locate myself on the Google.

Hello @FlyingGunny!

This possibly could help you:

He also mentions a discussion on AVSIM about this problem. Cloud not find it in a rush

1 Like

Thank a lot! Glad you like LNM.:smiley:

Unfortunately I have no control over the maps (like the openstreetmap.org). You can try to use another map theme in LNM like StamenTerrain or try these: https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/548994-new-maps-for-lnm/

Alex

2 Likes

Thank You Alex. I’ll look at those. I wasn’t sure how the map data was integrated. Maybe they have a way to present them in the user’s language, whatever that might be. It may be asking a lot, but who knows, it is worth a shot.

I was trying to get the same layout for 2.6.17 as for 2.6.16 but I can’t. It’s not full-screen anymore and the size of some windows are much too large for me.

Comparison:

Thank You Alex. Stamen Terrain is just the thing. The small details are in native language (Japanese, Chinese, Korean) but the main items, such as place names, airports are in English (at least my version is).

1 Like

It appears that with the latest update to 2.6.17 littlenavmap does not autoconnect to the sim at times. If it is open while the sim is running but not connected it can be connected manually via the tools options or my shutting it down and opening it again possibly more than one time. I do not recall encountering this behavior previously. It seems like it must be running before the sim is started for it to autoconnect. If it is opened after the sim is running it simply does not autoconnect even though that option is selected.

Strange. I’ve got other reports about this but nothing has changed in recent LNM updates regarding to SimConnect. I took note and will have a look.

1 Like

I reverted back to the previous version of LNM and I am experiencing the same behavior so it must be something else contributing to it. It may be related to whatever else is using simconnect which I have been in the process of changing recently.

Does it happen since SU6?

I am not sure of this behavior showing up after SU6. What I now have found is that when LNM is automatically started with the sim using either a MSFS EXE.xml file or startup options in the MSFS Addons Linker utility its autoconnect feature is not reliable. Autoconnect seems to work 100% as long as LNM is manually started either before or after the sim is run. Given this situation I find that much more acceptable rather than having to manually connect it to the sim. I really have come to rely on this most useful application and only recently tinkered with having it start up automatically with the sim.

Correction: I have now seen LNM fail to autoconnnect when started manually as well. This is apparently a truely random issue.

I also confirm this — I had noticed it and thought it was just me 
 but it seems others are seeing this as well.

I typically only start LNM when the sim is already running, and sometimes I see my plane in LNM and other times I do not.
Typically re-starting LNM fixes the issue, and my plane appears.

I do NOT automatically start LNM with any batch file or other process when MSFS is started.

1 Like

I have had similar but it works if I toggle simconnect from tools menu if that is any help.

3 Likes

Dear all,

I stumbled over an issue where navigation lines imported as *.PLN (as exported from Little Navmap) would “disappear leg by leg” as soon as the VFR map is displayed respectively as soon as the aircraft is spawned for a new flight:

I can actually reproduce this issue with one of my older flight plans which is known to have worked in around January 2021:

So I can’t quite tell when (in which FS 2020 release) this “disappearing navigation lines” issue occured. As this issue neither occurs with “in-game created flight plans” nor with other “simple” flight plans (e.g. this one works: [Foot] Canada) I assume it is somehow related to the “complexity” (number of custom waypoints? Distance between the waypoints too close?) of the flight plan.

→ I was wondering whether anyone else here has stumbled over the same issue and knows a workaround respectively what goes wrong here?

Perhaps no “white space” is allowed anymore in waypoint names? Note that I did edit the waypoint names with a text editor, but made sure not to use any “extra characters” like . or ÜmlĂ€uts - again, this used to work in January 2021, but I also hit the same issue with a new flight plan (with a similar complexity) which I am about to generate.

As commented in the above issue I tried with several aircraft (including the T-45C jet and a simple "Aviats Pitts Special, without any glass cockpit elements). This is on Windows 10, FS 2020 Steam Edition. Community folder is basically empty (with the exception of some custom airport: Thun).

1 Like

@Steeler2340 I can have a look at the differences if you can send me pairs or working/not working PLN files.

@Gandalfuski and @sdmaxpilot : Already noted. I probably have to revert some code changes where I worked around other issues. But a fix will most likely only come with the next big update (not soon).

Alex

@albar965 : Just to be clear: I don’t think that this is a problem with Little Navmap export. As I also mentioned in the issue (on which I commented - the issue was raised by someone else):

I have an older flightplan (also exported with Little Navmap) which is known to have worked in around December 2020 (and January 2021, when I finsished my community flight “Tell Tours”) in FS 2020.

So I can’t say when the issue with the “disappearing leg segments” (navigation lines) started to occur in FS 2020.

Anyway, this is my original flightplan which used to work:

And here is a recent flightplan which still works (with the current FS 2020 SU 7):

Direct link: CYJA to CBX7

As mentioned in the linked issue above I already tried to make those flights plans “as equal as possible” (with a text editor): in the end the only difference were the waypoint coordinates, their names (I tried to simplifiy mine as much as possible) and the amount of waypoints (in my case there are many more waypoints than in the “Canada” flight plan). But still I experienced the “disappearing legs” (which you can really watch happening as you spawn your aircraft and open the VFR map, with key V) with my own plan, whereas the “Canada” flight plan works as expected.

So I have little hope that there exists a “workaround”, except reducing the number of waypoints (or making the distance between them bigger - that may also be a possible reason). But maybe you have better luck and spot the critical point?

Thanks for the information. The flight plan is nothing fancy IMO. Means: No procedures which can cause all kind of trouble. There are all kind of bizarre issues with flight plans in MSFS (like file name cannot contain special characters :roll_eyes: ) which I already worked around as much as possible. I summarized all this in a pinned post in the Avsim forum.

even with the last update 2.6.17 on my MFS2020 crash on loading pretty every Flightplan created 
 what happen? ( this after the last update of December ) last example: IFR Amburgo (EDDH) to Malpensa (LIMC).lnmpln (5.6 KB)

I never had any crash with LNM