Little NavMap has lost NOAA data

Last few outings, LNM has given me an advisory message telling me weather download has failed … “https://tgftp.nws.noaa.gov/data/observatins/metar/cycles/11Z.TXT”… When I try that website in the search, it times out. Is there a new address for NOAA data?

Moved to Third Party Addon Discussion-Tools & Utilities.

Try here instead:
Little Navmap | Little Navconnect | Little Logbook Support Forum - The AVSIM Community

Navmap relies upon NOAA. All fourth party data providers can and will have outages.

1 Like

Yup, and NOAA appears to have outages every day. At least my experience. Tried accessing the link with MSFS, Firefox and Edge. All report 'having trouble finding that website". I’m probably combing my hair on the wrong side, what little I have left…

Thanks for your input. I’ve checked to make sure I’m on the latest version (2.6.19) but that doesn’t seem to be the issue. I’d think if others were experiencing the same problem, it would show up in the topics, but no joy. Starting to wonder if Norton Utilities sees the NOAA site as a threat. It’s been many days since I haven’t got that warning. I moved and was incommunicado for 45+ days but I seem to remember it doing this before I moved. I’ll try joining AvSim and posting my issue there, maybe someone… else has run into this problem. Thanks again!

I’ve been getting this notice every session of late.

I’ve started going to the NOAA.gov website. If I connect, I know I won’t get the notification (unless it goes down mid-flight, LOL!). There must be a problem with the server for it to be down as often as it is…

I meant that the author of LittleNavMap supports his own product there, so you will not need to rely on other users’ opinions. Instead, you will get a definitive reply from its developer.

1 Like

Agreed. I doubt that Alex B. has any influence on NOAA’s online presence. LNM simply reports the loss of that site’s input. I’m pretty sure the NOAA site just drops out and seemingly, much more often than it has in the past.