Little NavMap has prevented FS2020 from starting

I just installed Little NavMap and now FS2020 will not start at all.
Has anyone had this issue and do you have a solution / fix / work around?
Many thanks

How did you / where did you install LNM?

You don’t actually install it, you just unzip it and run. If you delete it, does MSFS start working?

1 Like

I unzipped it into the same drive as FS2020; but not the same folder.
I did try renaming the LNM top folder and then rebooted the PC; NO luck.
FS2020 is still dead. I am not impressed with LNM.

I suspect LNM has corrupted some vital FS2020 files.

Now waiting for a response from LNM forum and failing that I am into yet another full reload of FS2020.
Cheers

Have to tried removing it all together and testing again?

Again, LNM does not actually install, nor modify any files. it’s a standalone application.

Their support forum is here;

Little Nav Map can’t have corrupted the MSFS files as it doesn’t ‘install’ to that location. It is just a zip file you unzip to a location, as already mentioned.

It ‘connects’ to MSFS using an API and network connection presented by MSFS.

Very strange! Do you have a restore point in Windows to prior to the installation of LNM? Could try a rollback…

I have LNM on the same drive as MSFS too, in a different folder, and they work perfectly together.
Also, what you describe simply cannot happen.

As others have said, try removing LNM just to be sure, but it can’t have messed up your MSFS files.

I think about 80% of simmers use LNM and I have never heard of anyone having LNM interfere wit FS2020.

Something else must have gone bad about the same time, but I do not think that LNM can prevent the sim from starting.

After it fails, does it give you an option to come up in Safe Mode and have you tried that?

When I clicked on FS2020 before LNM, FS2020 simply started up and all was good.
Now, nothing happens. No messages at all from anything.
FS2020 just disappears.

NB: When I started LNM the first time, it said it was rebuilding or changing or doing something to 2 or 3 FS2020 files to do with maps and scenery and I thought at that moment that was not good. Corrupted files was my first thought and it appears I was right.
Cheers

If I recall correctly LNM scans scenery files to determine what airfield and parking spots there are, e.g. for addon airfields, but it’s only reading not changing.

2 Likes

That is simply LNM scanning your scenery in MSFS packages to build its database of navaids, airports etc. It’s not over or re-writing any MSFS files.

Like others here I find it unlikely that LNM would prevent or interfere with the MSFS executable. The official support forums are the place to go.

LNM is one of the most popular freeware apps with many happy users. It’s also endorsed by Official MSFS and is a very well established and robust application.

1 Like

LNM doesn’t change anything in the sim. It’s a completely standalone program. It doesn’t need anything in the community folder. It just connects to the sim via SimConnect. Its only interaction is when it scans your sim to get the data for airports, runways, gates, etc. That’s a read only operation. It doesn’t change anything in the sim.

You’ve got something else going on.

Everyone, thanks for your help but I eventually had to re-install FS2020.
That turned out to be far easier than I thought.

1. I Uninstalled FS2020 from Settings > Apps.
    This did not remove the FS2020 folder where it was installed but the XBOX app recognized it was gone.
  2. So XBOX said Install which I did and that took only 10 minutes into the original FS2020 folder.
    It said it was syncing data.
  3. I suspect this process fix something in: C:\Users\calve\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe and that is all.
    So all is good now and both FS2020 and LNM are working together.
1 Like

Great to hear.

Alex (the dev of LNM) is a very talented coder. If I had to pick one single additional program to supplement MSFS it would be LNM. It even has a working Logbook! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.