Little Navmap Weather

I’m a little confused about how the weather should function in Little Navmap. So I have the weather source set to MSFS, then when I bring up my destination airport it shows the current weather as VFR conditions with a cloud ceiling at 3500’ and about 8nm visibility. When I arrived (Unalaska airport PADU) it was full on winter weather and I didn’t break out of the soup until about 500’ and just about needed to go missed. I’m leaning toward this being an MSFS issue rather than a LNM issue, but just wanted to throw it out there in case I’m misunderstanding how it’s supposed to work.

Did you check for an official METAR/TAF(Google) for this airport. This would give you a clear indication on which source is inaccurate.

No, but sounds like a good idea. Thanks

That’s interesting, do share your findings.
In case you have not seen this, you may like to read the docs on the weather feature, it’s brief and does explain a bit about the feature.

So from what I understand, the source is set and then all weather information in LNM should come from the sim, if MSFS is the source.

I have recently started flying MSFS2020 and I was interested in this topic. I found this:

Simulator weather cannot be shown for MSFS since SimConnect weather functions are deprecated and do not deliver data. Use NOAA weather which gives you the most up-to-date weather reports.

Source: 66.3.2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
https://www.littlenavmap.org/manuals/littlenavmap/release/2.6/en/APPENDIX.html#microsoft-flight-simulator-2020

1 Like