Little NavMap

@Aviattor6639
I have it running successfully on my Apple iPad. It is a generic website, so it should actually work on any device that is able to run a web-browser. You need to be able to connect via network from your device to the computer running LNM. That would be given if the device and the PC share the same WiFi, for instance.

How do I know if simconnect is installed?

I downloaded the SDK and the FS2 simconnect referenced in the thread and installed both (not at the same time). When I run MSFS20, FSUIPC7, and then Little NavMap it does not connect.

Thanks 
 Richard

What version Little Navmap are you all using that works with MSFS 2020 ?? I have always run Little Navmap on my second 32’ monitor.

If I use Version V2.4.5, the simm stutters so bad it is not flyable, the frame rate drops to 1-2 sec. Remove Little Navmap and the simm behaves normally. I must not have all what it takes now to run with this release. I had Little Navmap working during the testing program but no longer.

Any suggestions?

Goofierspider01

Is it possible to have Little Navmap running on an external device REMOTELY having the same home network. For instance I have a Surface Tablet. Anyone has tried that ?

As a former x-plane user let try to help you and all the readers of this thread (mostly newcomers to flight sims) with some information. The developer of Little Navmap (freeware) is a member of the x-plane.org forum. He often posts at that forum to give advice. I have not seen any presence of him on this forum. Maybe because it is too early or because of other reasons (work it out yourself - I am not saying that everybody first gives their product away and then charges when they are the only one in the market, but I have not seen an announcement from him that Little Navmap will always be freewarw). You could join the x-plane.org forum and get direct contact if you want. However please note that the x-plane forum is NOT legally controlled by the developer of x-plane, Austin Meyer of Laminar Research - according to Austin Meyer, i.e it’s a separate legal entity. The x-plane.org sells add-ons for x-plane (get advice from a lawyer if you don’t understand the implications).

Thank you very much for the information .

It’s nice to sometimes get a thank you even your attempt to help did not give the desired result. I therefore thank you. Happy flying, and don’t let anyone pull your money out of your pocket unless you know it’s worth it.

1 Like

You are quite welcome! Seemed so natural to me. Unfortunately ‘forums’ have lost it all in this field. The ‘etiquette’ is gone! But you and I ( and certainly a few others) won’t give up !

1 Like

Little nav map is on avsim too

2 Likes

The dev of LittleNavMap is also active in this forum. Just a few comments above. His name is albar965.

1 Like

Interesting. I don’t have any other sims installed and I only want to use LNM to create flightplans. I also don’t need to see my plane in LNM and I will close LNM after saving my plan. Does that mean I can skip SimConnect entirely, run LNM, choose Navigraph and I will see all airports right away
? I don’t have a Navigrpah subscription or anything.

ANSWER
Seems to work indeed. I downloaded LNM, ran it (no need to install
?!? Great!), enabled Navigraph for all and I could create a flightplan! That’s all I wanted and needed! Awesome! :slight_smile:

Never mind. The saved plan doesn’t show up in the C172 GPS so this is completely useless to me.

The flight plan format did not change. Normally it should show up.
I’m working on full MSFS support. Including scenery library loading.

8 Likes

Do I need to instal LNM on the iPad ??

No. The Webserver needs to be started on your LNM installation on your PC. There is on option to test the connection locally (on your PC).

Do that and then enter the same address from your PCs browser in the browser of your tablet

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll try it right now

Every time i import LNM flight plans into MFS 2020 they do not import correctly or only some of it imports. Not sure as to why or which needs to be fixed. Always imports exactly as entered on XP-11.

There are times when I have to repair the .pln with a text editor and you will quickly realize that both formats (LNM and FS) are very different in their encoding. FS does not fully read the format that comes from LNM and vice versa.

Hi would someone please let me know how to get little navmap working with msfs2020. I have version 2.4.5 of navmap installed