Live Q & A via Twitch

Fair - maybe the way I heard Sebastian talk about was misunderstood and I am happy to own that. I know it wasn’t just me who was like “what?” as several in Twitch chat weren’t terribly happy with the way the lightning issue was like “never seen it, sorry” type response.

I agree… not saying AI traffic shouldn’t be improved, just saying I don’t see this as a screaming hot issue.

Have you checked if Nvidia game ready drivers optimization is ON? I saw people having this ON and that caused the issue. Those settings override the in-game settings.

1000000000000000000000000000000000000% this. Well said and well stated.

1 Like

That’s a good call out and yes, I have definitely checked. You can also uncheck the option for NVIDIA GeForce Experience to not auto-optimize, which is always the right approach, from what I’ve read (for any game).

I didn’t get that at all. First of all the discussion was focused on community issues, Seb had very clear technical explainations and Jorg was as honest as he could be. The sim is on a journey but some exciting improvements are coming in the near term and further away. The endevour, commitment and ambition is clear to see.

4 Likes

But the sim does a lot right and is a lot of fun already, sure there are issues and Microsoft and Asobo are upfront about this. The feedback snapshots raised by the community is a great way of holding them to account.

Microsoft and Asobo are learning and in the stream they explained now they are re-evaluating mechanics and processes, hiring more people of which a higher number have flight experience, evaluating flight model/system feedback from the community and third parties.

As far as I can see nothing is left on the table, so if you have some bright ideas on how they could do more, please enlighten us, I’m sure Microosft and Asobo would love to know.

2 Likes

It’d be great if they could take a look at the full question thread and suggestion posts like this Improve AI Traffic at Airports and in The Air.

That way they’d have a pretty clear list of what the community would like answers to and the issues we perceive and possibly answer point for point.

Mind you, the lack of liveries and accurate models IS absolutely very important for AI traffic, so I don’t judge their answer bad at all. We simply would like more information more in depth about a broader look at the topic’s various aspects.

Also, by the love of all that’s holy, when they implement the new AI models they are talking about, please make them easy for the users to repaint. Large contiguous surface should be contiguous in the texture as well. There should be no mirroring on any painted surface.

I know the devs want to license every livery, but I can guarantee there will be some missing. Special and new liveries are created often, and making repaints easy will let the community integrate your work. The current AI aircraft excluding the 320 model are impossible to repaint correctly for 90% of the airlines out there due to a mix of messy texture mapping and mirroring.

Great Q&A , so cool they take the time to answer questions and communicate with us.

2 Likes

Watched the Q&A with an open mind,
A lot of re-assuring things were said, and a lot of questions posed and answered, even if a few seemed to me to be relatively insignificant, compared to some of the issues not addressed.

The one I picked up on was the desire by the community for more AI traffic … to quote Microsoft to “Populate the Skies” with MORE AI Traffic, and the response – YES of course, our aim is to do that.

Great – But

Currently, it has been pretty conclusively shown, that the even the current level of AI Traffic can be so large, that it brings even the most Powerful Gaming PC to a Thread Limiting CTD @ 10 FPS.

In any case, it can’t be the aim to “Populate the Skies”, but rather to “Populate the skies around the Player”, to a level that their PC can tolerate.

Any MSFS session, with AI turned on, even at low levels, will eventually CTD –

Guaranteed, because generated AI is never destroyed as the sim runs, and just grow and grows in volumes, as the planes fly away from the user, and more planes are then allowed to spawn to replace them, in the vicinity of the user’s plane.

The only consolation I have, is while it was not mentioned ( Like Voldemort ), Asobo “MUST” know about this by now, and hopefully it will be one of the Unannounced fixed that magically appear in a near update.

1 Like

I am enormously impressed and excited regarding the talked about fixes, improvements and innovations happening now and yet to come with this technological wonder of a Sim. Yes, I have had problems with the Sim, and I continue to quietly make Zendesk reports for both bugs and suggestions/wishes. Yes, I want things improved quickly. But overall, I am loving the Sim, and I think the developers are great and do not deserve unkind, cruel, personal, unprofessional, useless criticism. Cheers.

4 Likes

Thanks for the vid. Looking forward to the fixes. On the vid the mentioned they fixed the 787 issue - I do not believe that they fixed it as I still crash it upon landing when trying to pull up the nose upon landing unless I go way too fast.

Happy to hear that there will be CPU optimizations coming up. Last update improved things a bit.

Water:
Latest 2 updates have updated the water look (when calm) that makes it look fake and I hope they can roll it back. Water with wind does look good but last 2 updates broke the ‘real’ look of water that the game used to have in ’ normal’ conditions.

Don’t give them (ASOBO) a chance to prepare answers in advance. Questions must be surprise :wink:

Wow they actually talked about fixing Russia and Sweden. I am impressed. I thought that wasn’t the issue they would look into. Exciting! I love flying in the Siberia and Kamchatka.

1 Like

yes also for World update USA new DEM lower to 1 meter, new photo sat higher resolution on many state, added with new airports.

1 Like

It will be much better, compare to current at least, light bulb will show up in airliner altitude, instead of sepia mask if it’s made correctly, will be probably still not 100% perfect, but much less annoying I think.

1 Like

It’s fixed in either Update #5 or #6. Neither of which have been released yet so of course you have still have issues. :roll_eyes:

These Guys are just soo much passionate about the Sim and you can clearly see that
Soo much information in every DEV Q&A , lots of questions answered they are being open about the sim and truly want the Sim to be the best and i hope they keep improving. These guys (Flight Sim Microsoft team and ASOBO) are just amazing.

7 Likes

That’s really funny.

I wonder if you were looking at the same Q&A that I watched?

1 Like

They got to CTD’s in the problem list and then seemed to take a left turn into the community questions. I don’t think I heard any status on CTD’s in the hour plus, but wondered if anybody else did?

Wish they would have followed the bug list and gave status on those issues

2 Likes