Live weather 100% accurate to the METAR!

When visiting Tokyo for the first time since the japan update a few minutes ago, I decided to go for live weather. As always I wanted to have a look how accurate it represents the METAR. To my surprise the MSFS weather engine 100% NAILED it down this time.
METAR was:
RJTT 090730Z 36015KT 8000 -RA FEW007 BKN009 BKN020 17/16 Q1024 NOSIG RMK 1ST007 5ST009 7SC020 A3024
Conditions in sim were: (Unfortunately it did not come to my mind to bring some screenshots…)
Wind from 350 @ 14, low level clouds (I could not really determine the 3 layers, but the ceiling height was accurate), OAT 15, QNH 1023, visibility about 7km and a little (really little) bit of rain…

Deeply impressed this time!

1 Like

The infinite monkey theorem comes to mind.

But good to hear your fortune! :blush:

2 Likes

Can agree,

but it changes (accuracy) like random value generated. Yesterday i had +/- all values ok but pressure total outside of reality. What is interesting, to me are 2 values cyclically swap with correct/not correct functionality - temp and pressure.

Even a broken watch is correct twice a day :wink:

8 Likes

Have you guys checked this out?

https://unrealweather.blogspot.com/

what is the difference between this and the default?

3 Likes

The default doesn’t use METAR… this one does.

Probably the same difference with Weather Force- Global rendering of local metar reports. I prefer the default.

1 Like

The default is bug now…it shows rainny day in menu but then in game it is clear skys and with storms…

The only issue i am having with this is that when a new metar is received, loading new clouds seems slow and weird looking also. It is like changing the cloud layer altitude but in slow motion.

The unreal mod also simulates winds aloft, not real world winds so anything not specifically stated in a metar related to winds is randomly generated. Fine for low level vfr but if you fly airliners it is not ideal.

Not in germany.

Indeed it is more accurate since last update but now that I’m flying in very bad weather, it’s totally unrealistic, places, spot with gust at 34kt like tonight at PABR, you won’t even be able to fly T/O and land a B737 like I just tried on Xplane/Active sky it was extremely turbulent as it’s supposed to be but look take your C172 MFS2020 and take off and land and it flies like on rails, no turb (just a few) no real feeling of strong gust wind, it’s like flying in CAVOK. So I confirm that I was happy to notice more accuracy but I wasn’t flying very bad conditions so far, I wanted to check how it works with severe weather … well no more comment

How do you mean default doesn’t use Metar? It imports metars.bin with Metar data…

BGTL 101256Z AUTO 10007KT 9999 CLR M09/M10 A2974 RMK AO2 SLP059 T10941096 TSNO $

Is it not complete or?

I thought the developers state that they use Meteoblue data.

They use a combination of METAR and Meteoblue data :wink: