Live weather is still inaccurate - 1.15.10 update did not fix bug

Hello all,

Yesterday’s update 1.15.10 included the following " there were some users that were getting weather data from the previous day, depending on their timezone. This improved that bug for them."

However today the weather is totally wrong, in fact for me at least it is considerably less accurate than it was before the 1.15.10 patch yesterday.

From what I can gather it seems like the Live weather has gone from pulling a forecast too far into the future to pulling a completely outdated forecast snapshot.

If you are experiencing the same, may I strongly suggest you submit a zendesk report here: Submit a request – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support

EDIT:

So from what I can gather right now as of 1600z, the weather the game is showing is 24 hours OLD.

See live map:

See current satellite:

See -24 hours satellite:

Seems the weather depicted on the map and indeed what we see in game, is from 24 hours ago at least.

Well they did state they improved that bug.

2 Likes

They may have addressed the bug of it pulling a forecast too far in the future, but seem to have totally broken the live weather in the process.

After 1.15.10 patch today: VCSH and FEW033CB in the METAR for EDDH, however meteoblue makes a solid cloud layer from 2500ft all the way up to 23000 ft all over northern germany, where it is the typical “April showers” indeed. Weather was - as the OP suggested - fairly accurate here in Europe - today it’s so far off I haven’t seen before. Voted!

1 Like

Seeing the same behaviour here in Europe too, weather way off.

Thanks for voting, if you haven’t already please submit a bug report directly also: https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Hello,

respect to you with that your topic about some not correct injection of weather due some zulu times. Can you pls recommend to us now (point by point with also where to set that - PC OS, sim, …) your (maybe) same solution or for test as was in your topic about workaround to have close as possible weather? Sry, I was little bit mistaken about steps, I want test now some possibilities, no answer if it will work but steps what to do as in your previous topic. Thnx for help…

1 Like

Can you give us a location or two to corroborate? ICAO ideally.

Hello,

on all Slovakia airports today about 12:00z f.ex. - LZ…

Hi there, so previously the steps that used to work to improve accuracy were the following:

1. Set pc to 06:00z
  2. Load sim at desired airport with clear skies
  3. Once loaded in select live weather
  4. Once weather loaded set PC to current time and allow weather to adjust

However from what I can see since yesterday’s patch, this ‘work around’ no longer works correctly.

1 Like

Hello,

appreciate your advice, thnx. I’m afraid (and will never stop probably) that if some good workaround comes here to Forum, some ‘anti-answer’ is quickly prepared. Really I remember one in history…

LOWW in SIM:

LOWW in Original:

LOWW in meteoblue:

3 Likes

Hi yes of course:

EGCC 061450Z AUTO 26010KT 9999 SCT013/// SCT035/// BKN041/// //////TCU 07/05 Q1006

In sim:

LFKJ 061500Z AUTO 21010KT CAVOK 20/13 Q1016 NOSIG

In-sim:

The weather I see depicted on the world map, looks to be about what it was this time yesterday

1 Like

heh,

looks very same like here in Slovakia (during my tests about 12:00z)… CAVOK… :wink:

have you tried comparing the weather depicted on World map, with the weather on http://www.windy.com ?

I should admit, I have not yet tried that, as it only occurred to me when reading your post … project for this evening …

Yeah, it’s completely wrong on the world map.

From what I can see, it’s more close to what windy showed around this time - 24 hours.

Hold up I’ve got satellite imagery of now and - 24 hours let me post them here

So here is what currently in-game shows for me:

Here is live:

Here is -24 hours:

To me what I’m seeing in-game matches the -24 hours

2 Likes

Pretty CONCLUSIVE screen shots that PROVE the MSFS data is 24 hours behind real weather … (Good post )

2 Likes

From the looks out of my window yesterday it seems that was what I was seeing in the sim today. Isn’t that what some users encountered (not me though) and should have been fixed with the patch? Maybe all who haven’t had problems so far are now in the same ballpark?