Live Weather broken?

maybe their server migration just didn’t work out that well…

After the server migration, im seeing a lot of users are not seeing any clouds (myself included), but winds are working seemingly. Is Asobo aware of this?

Indeed. Live time in sim is separate from live weather, you can wind back time as much as you want, the live weather will still stay as long as that is ticked on. Simply just not present right now

1 Like

Okay, prob just some small hiccups from the server move then. I guess it could appear anytime for me then :smile:

Same here and I seriously doubt they’re even aware.

Yeah, no word or anything, doubt they know. Especially when they expected services to be out for “at most a few minutes” during the migration.

I think servers just need a little time to start acting nicely again. Perhaps its all back tomorrow who knows

same issue here. at KRIV I have wind, but incorrect altimeter and clear weather when it should be 2 nm visibility

1 Like

I am not seeing any clouds in the sky either when live weather is on. Did a bunch of spawns in cloudy areas and get the same result. I can see the conditions in the globe view but once I spawn into the airport, nothing. It is like perfect visibility conditions. METAR is not available either.

1 Like

Live Weather is absolutely broken. Tried 3 different places in US with extensive cloud coverage or rain and it’s as clear as day.

Looks like they are aware. Just saw this pinned by the admins:

Update (2022-10-12 @ 1620Z): We are currently investigating reports that Live Weather may be intermittent for some players. We will provide an update when we have more information to share.

Thank you for the fast reaction mods!

1 Like

Yes, we are aware.

We’ve escalated this internally, and our support teams are currently investigating the issue. At this point, it’s unclear if it’s linked to today’s server cluster migration or if the timing of this issue is unrelated and coincidental.

Thank you for your patience as we work to restore normal service.

MSFS Team

14 Likes

Not a cloud in the sky. I should be flying through a massive thunderstorm. Nope…

Yep, defiantly INOP.

Funny thing is, the sim gives me the correct pressure (hitting ‘B’) but it’s not the pressure in the sim outside (altimeter wrong with correct pressure, have to switch to 29.92 for correct alt indication).
Then, after a while, the sim get’s correct pressure outside, and also wind. But no clouds at all.

Yep, no live weather anywhere. and no metar reports as well.

I have got exactly the same issue yesterday (before cluster migration), pressure and wind started to be “live” after a few minutes (after runup checks), but no clouds at all. METAR reports were available, but today I see METARs not working.

So this could also be not related to cluster change.

I am having the same problem flying in my home city in Australia and its currently raining and in the sim nice n sunny on live weather

1 Like

Yeah this aint getting fixed until Asobo saunters into work tomorrow morning.

1 Like