Live weather bug @EGJA (strong wind)

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? No

Brief description of the issue: Live weather had super strong winds upon arriving at EGJA. According to METAR info I was supposed to get 11kt of wind, according to the world map I was supposed to get 33kph.

I ended up getting over 100kt of wind in flight (ground), where I was able to vertical takeoff and land with an almost fully loaded TBM.

Issue encountered at approximately: 2021-07-31T13:38:41Z

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: Needs the same weather conditions… Maybe unreproducible.

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile): Ryzen 3700x, 32GB RAM (3200MHz), GTX 1070, 2K Monitor

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: 1.18.14.0

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version? MS Store

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #? No

Completely agree I had to zig zag to the runway 26 approach today landing at 8 kts !!! with a -14.00 feet run down runway after landing.

Had to turn off live weather to taxi.

My PA44 was showing a 90 kts indicated speed with 10 kts ground speed, at one stage I was going backwards. The reported wind at this location was 270/10

1 Like

After taking off from there again (~3h after the first incident), I faced the same issue (about ~100kt of wind at ground level).

After gaining a little bit of altitude (1700ft), the wind got back to the expected values (14kt).

Note: in the screenshot you still see the waves are very agitated with lots of foam because of the wind

1 Like