Live Weather Does Not Match

the Metar report is updated every hour. And the simulator shows the update from two or four hours ago? What sudden change in weather are you talking about?

@LeoG7879 - Look at my post Live Weather Does Not Match - #174 by OdysseusUSA

The storm in MSFS is about 500 km south from Okinawa. Live radar, even 3 hours old radar, has the storm where it should be. MS has it 500 km away! :wink:

The data in MSFS is DAYS OLD! Not recent at all!

Worthless! This is how bad the weather is in MSFS.

:frowning:

3 Likes

Trying to sweep the problems under the rug…

Their so called “Live Weather” seems to work as “good” as their “Live Traffic”.
Thank God, they are at least looking into important things like the missing Achievement issue… :rofl:

5 Likes

I got the same response verbatim on my support ticket, including a comment at the end about this being put on the backlog.

I sure hope not, winds are to critical to be on a backlog.

1 Like

Live weather finally working for me in N Caribbean. I was getting ‘live’ weather that was 24 hrs old until I disabled my VPN and download speeds increased. Now everything current and winds aloft south of Grand Cayman 79 deg/20kt @ 160. Not perfectly accurate but better than 225@3

oh!!! Now it is clear to me … the bounce of the radar is what causes the delay in Live Weather … perhaps it is a vortex in space time

In my experience with live weather in the US, 99% of the time the winds aloft were, as many here have reported, always 225 @ 3. I had a one flight in South Florida (my home turf), where the winds were 47 @ 135 until I descended into the airport traffic area at which time the winds instantly changed to 225 @ 3. Also, the clouds merge with the ground at times. Nothing matches the METARs.

I did a couple of flights out of LOWI in Austria and around the alps, and the winds aloft appeared to be more realistic. The visuals were stunning too, with realistic cloud layers over the mountains. But the OATs were way off. I doubt it was 30deg C at 14,000 MSL anywhere in Europe. Right now in South Florida that would be near the forecast freezing level, and its 85F at the surface.

“Live” weather is currently broken.

I think that when it comes to the winds, what the GNS display shows is not consistent with the upper winds. Many times, for example, the display shows 278 @ 1 but the airplane shakes like a blender. When it comes to clouds, and environment the FS2020 is unbeatable.

METARs and ATIS are still waay off and whatever the tower gives my on final never matches either one. Having winds aloft in the Carib is something but still no lightning and flying through 40,000 ft hot towers smooth as butter is obviously lacking realism.

hahaha! those towers are so soft and creamy they remind me of Willy Wonka’s factory

I was suggesting trying a different server or faster internet connection. radar bounce could also be the culprit, I admit…

Again people I don’t think you get it. There are gamers that are not getting their MS store achievements for first flight or first fuel up and all you can think about is how inaccurate the weather is?!? I mean, come on! what do you think this is a flight sim or something?

seriously, fix the weather MS, shouldn’t be on the backlog…AT… ALL.

3 Likes

So, will this get a fix in the upcoming patch? After all, it’s been like this since alpha (by multiple accounts)?

This is what the patch will fix: https://www.flightsimulator.com/august-27th-2020-development-update/
Doesn’t say anything about weather so that will probably not be fixed with the patch

Sigh. I hope Meteoblue is really annoyed with Asobo at this point…

Yeah. While here Sooooo, the wind is fixed!
a Forum Moderator tries to tell people that everything is just fine…

1 Like

FYI

I don’t know if it is coincidence or not, but.

I never had correct live weather winds.

I just installed the latest patch (released today)

For the airport I am testing with KFDK, the WORLD MAP is showing wind 119 @ 9 kts

Checked skyvector METART for the airport KFDK, it is showing wind 200@ 8 kts. The MERAR was 46 min ago.

Starting the flight now, will see how it is…

hahaha…they are the ones with the ‘hot air’! :wink:

Buzzards…

What are you actually getting in the airplane once you load the flight?