Live Weather Does Not Match

Live weather has stopped, only loading clear skies

For me, Live Weather only works when i start a fly on the first choice of airport and park.
If I change plane, airport or start location, or if i open the weather menu in the world map, i have clear sky and 29.92… and i must restart the game because my game crash to desktop when i want to return to main menu… I have this problem since few months, and some day, it was very long to start a fly with live weather…

2 Likes

It looks as if it depends on where you are. Near the 0-meridian (Western Europe) there is no live weather. The same happened when Flight Simulator for the first time intruduces “Live weather” in the Sim (I think FS 2002).

Same here. Have you had any luck fixing of yet?
Thank you

hi, same problem for me. Live Weather only works on first choice. Then not any more. For me no crash to desktop.

That workaround helped me. Always get in the plane with Preset Clear Sky. And then when you are in the plane switch to live weather and wait a couple of seconds.

Live weather fix (workaround)

3 Likes

Just echoing this - my sim also gets stuck in a state where there’s no live weather (only clear blue skies, 225 @3kts) and only a restart will fix it.

1 Like

Thanks! I will try it ; )

well after hours of playing around with different things, I finally fixed it for myself. I had a community installed add-on (meigs field) and when i deleted that, and reloaded, it works everytime.

Id try removing anything in the community folder. I guess that breaks the weather…

Any time you have issues, the community folder is the first place to look.
This is the first time I’ve heard of a scenery affecting the weather!

In today’s developer Q&A, Asobo requested to get as much information as possible regarding the weather bug (stops working after first flight). So if you can, please send them a bug report here and include your dxdiag.txt file (in windows: Start > Run > dxdiag [enter] and then click the Save All Information button)

1 Like

Okay, so I followed the suggestion of loading the flight on clear skies and then manually selecting live weather, the results have improved big time atleast in terms of pressure, temperature and wind. Thumbs up for that suggestion!
Unfortunately though, the sim can’t read things like fog, haze, mist, smoke and other visibility related data from the weather model and always has crystal clear visibility around the airport. How can the visibility aspect being so significant part of simulation be left ignored for so long and there’s not even much talk about it? How difficult could it be for the sim to generate clouds and aerosols above the ground level? I understand realistic simulation of low visibility might be more complex than that but I really don’t want to see airport runway from miles away when the actual pilots are seeing the runway lights barely above the decision altitude on the same location.

1 Like

first flight broken live weather 2 flight clear weather bug
next uk world update 3 or sim update 3 fix live weather

Hi @Lgdeaf!
Can you record a video of this happening?

Thank you!

In the Q&A video on 27 January, 2021, the developers would like reports on this. If you can also record a video of this happening and mention the date/time in either UTC or Zulu.

Q&A video of them discussing Live Weather:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYsDE-kkwaM&t=3811s

Report your findings here:

Think I’m on to something. Did 2.5 hours of testing
It seems to be related to the Server Selection at the start/launch of the game

If you have a specific server selected(ex: US East) at 1st when you start the sim, and stay with that server when you start a flight/click FLY, the 1st flight will have live weather, but you wont have live weather for more than 1 flight(even if you switch AUTO for your 2nd flight)

If you switch to AUTO and restart the sim, you will have live weather for each flight you do even if you switch to a specific server after

So basically, server selection HAVE to be AUTO when you start the game to always have live weather

Could people test this please?
*you can test with CYUL/CYQB as there is snow on ground. its fast to know if live weather is working or not

@Hester40MT here we started to collect videos now:

Guys, the more videos the better, so let’s go.

1 Like

Thank you! I meant to put that link in and forgot! I edited it. :wink:

Well here’s something you don’t see every day (or ever)
Lago di Garda frozen over. :joy:

Weatherforce has been outstanding and accurate for me. As mentioned above, turn on instant weather load in Weatherforce settings, and all performance issues will disappear. The gradual transition to new weather conditions is what causes performance issues, but as also stated before, they are working on improving that. I have never had a problem with Weatherforce not being accurate, and with instant weather on, I have no performance hits. The default live weather in the sim has been hit or miss at best, and more often than not is incorrect compared to current conditions.

2 Likes