Live Weather Does Not Match

One of these things is not like the other… one of these things just doesn’t belong.

I can do you one better. I can tell you exactly when this weather model in my sim for the last 3ish days was taken due to the fact I live where this weather system went through. The sim still has loaded the 12z weather from Wednesday. So my “live” weather is only 80 hours behind at the moment. It has refused to load weather from even the correct day. Needless to say this an issue for “live” weather to be over 80 hours old.

And a bit of an afterword the METAR implementation appears to be working. However the upper atmosphere, clouds, and precipitation model, which as I understand comes from meteoblue is completely broken. Perhaps some sort of complete connection failure with meteoblue?

5 Likes

Same here mine has just been the same for the past 4 days

Currently Houston has clear weather, 10+ miles visibility, wind calm, perfect VFR conditions. In the sim, there are thunderstorms, half mile visibility, 15kt gusts and light rain. This is totally unacceptable 7 months after release…

3 Likes

Not only that but It has had that same thunderstorm for a few days in a row now, 24 hours a day. Those poor virtual houstonians must be living through a second Harvey down there. Someone better send in the virtual coast guard to perform the rescues.

1 Like

LIBR - Meteo in World Map: RAIN
I enter the game and meteo is clear sky

I’m crying

1 Like

Same here. Tried literally everything. Logging into and out of Xbox live, restarting, using a VPN, changing MS regions, all the same. Thunderstorms in ATL for four days now. Submitted a Zendesk ticket. Ridiculous to be honest.

1 Like

Have been quite happy with the live weather for months now (except for the–hopefully by Asobo–known issues with e.g. temps aloft etc.), but the last couple of days live weather wasn’t anywhere near where it was supposed to be. “Something” is loading from their servers, i.e. it’s not just 225/3 and 1013 hPa. But everything is completely off compared to RL.

This is all wrong, the server simply stopped transmitting the data. Looking at the maps, I think it stopped on the 16th or 17th of March.

1 Like

Yup. Kind of weird that there has not been any official announcement.

Same here, I had a flight from KMCO to KATL, and there were T-storms in Atlanta when there should have been clear or at least few clouds

Same here. The LiveWeather worldwide model appears to be stuck with the forecast model from 3+ days ago. I doubt this is a MeteoBlue problem. Their own web site graphics for the NEMS model (the same one they provide to MSFS) is right up to date.

Either something has broken down in the connection between MeteoBlue and Azure, or the part of the LiveWeather servers that processes new forecast model data has locked up.

Maybe MS has not paid their invoice for the MeteoBlue service for this month?

6 Likes

Same in Asia Server. I flied in Hong Kong (VHHH) and Tokyo Haneda (RJTT) today and found that the live weather is always “clear sky”. It should be heavy rain in Tokyo at least yesterday daytime and today noon. And it should be cloudy today in Hong Kong too. In the world map when I choose these two places at the time I know it is cloud/raining, the weather thumbnail at the upper right corner seem correct, but when I get into the runway, it become clear sky.

Meanwhile, the wind speed is not matching the clear sky I saw. I feel that the wind is strange when I take-off. I flied an ICON A5 in Haneda airport in Tokyo today. When A5 running in runway towards south (runway 22), a very strong “force/wind” pushing the plane to west that almost make the plane flip round. And when I am in the sky I found that I need more strength to make the plane fly north. I have tried 5 times and then try switching weather from live weather to “true” clear sky. A5 can then take-off as normal.

Wasn’t the day when the authentification Servers had an outage and people couldn’t log into their Windows Store games?

I just loaded today at March 21, 1838Z. The Live Weather cloudscape over North America is different than it was yesterday at this time, but still not even remotely close to the current satellite photo. This is not the classic “12-hour time shift”. This again, appears to be the forecast model from 3 days ago (Thursday March 18th

“Sum Ting Wong”…

I hope you all Zendesk the ■■■■ out of this.

Seems that live weather isn’t updating the last few days in US pacific northwest region.

Glad to see I’m not the only one to get thunderstorms in the Houston area while it is actually fair VFR weather.

2 Likes

Yes! Up here @KJAN the same thing for the past couple days! Today, there was not a cloud in the sky. Turning on live weather, Thunderstorms. It’s like the same weather from last week( last weeks severe weather) is still being depicted…I am glad that they have acknowledged, but I am still swallowing the fact they said it was going to be fixed in SU3 :-(…Frustrating!!

2 Likes

Live weather is back.

Yes, it looks like it updated the weather.