Live Weather Does Not Match

Do you have a link to that info? :slight_smile:

1 Like

it was in one of the live Q and A’s i forget which one :sweat_smile:

It seems like since the Hotfix the weather data is stuck again on old data. Just like two weeks ago where it was stuck on Thursdays weather until the following Monday.

I just flew with a friend of mine. Live weather, no AI traffic, no multiplayer, Vatsim, shared cockpit. Interestingly I had a low ceiling and fog plus a heavy drizzle. He on the other hand - being at the exact same spot at the exact same time - had a low ceiling, no rain, no fog.

So not only is the weather wrong, it’s also different for different users.

I can imagine the conversation…
“We need to fix the weather system so it shows the current weather.”
“Current weather? Like, right now?”
“Yes. It always has to show the weather as it is right now.”
“Ok… not sure why you want that, but fine…” goes on to hardcode the weather to what it was in that particular moment :joy:
“There, i fixed it.”

1 Like

Weather is still hit-or-miss for me. I just flew to Nashville, TN and the weather did not match at all.

I doubt very much that the problem is with MeteoBlue. MB is a professional weather forecasting services provider, and they have many many customers other than Microsoft, and have been in the weather forecasting business long before MSFS came along.

Among their clients are many companies that operate in the energy and agricultural sectors, (especially in Europe) for whom receiving accurate and timely forecast data is of paramount importance for those company’s financial decision making.

2 Likes

ok i get it, there might be a missmatch of Meteoblue and the actual weather, though i wonder, flew at EDDH and live weather gave me 48-53kts wind at 1000ft, never in the entire last week was the real weather like that. Flying with vatsim having 14kts on the ground only to realise this midair, left me to disconnect with my C152 -.-

I think we can all agree that “live weather” is pathetic in its current state and for a flight simulator in which weather plays such a significant role, it is downright sad. They claimed “live real-time weather” in their product description and have miserably failed to deliver. They pulled the old bait n switch and we all fell for it hook line and sinker

and not to mention the return of lightning under such conditions in which it would be scientifically impossible

Personally (for my needs) I do not care if the Weather depicted in MSFS is MSFS “REAL LIVE” weather or not – I just want the weather to MATCH the weather sources I use as a Pilot – in MSFS - namely Metars, that I can pull up as Real World Metars on my GPS.

So if the SIM weather is close to matching those, I’m happy. and any ATIS-ASOS should then also match as well

One day, maybe REX will come back online, but until then, I am finding that using “Unreal-weather-live-metar” works fine for me.

Rex is back online — I gave up on the MSFS default weather today and flew with Rex and Unreal. (Testing which one I like better)

The transitions from METAR to METAR are much better.

Hopefully, they get it fixed!!

Which one did you like better and why ?

I couldn’t tell the difference. I bought REX when it first came out…before I knew about Unreal. I wouldn’t pay for it again knowing that unreal does the same thing for free.

I find both Unreal & Rex produce very similar metar accurate weather.
I also purchase REX before Unreal, but for what REX costs, I am have no regrets.

While Unreal does its simple job or injecting CURRENT Metars into MSFS (very well), REX does have some nice feature, like changing Preset weather, and the future of “Historic” weather seems quite attractive.
It also nicely displays the Metar info, and that of a set of pre-selected airports.

Considering the cost of MSFS (virtually nothing), and the cost of a suitable PC (a small fortune), plus Internet, plus a few planes , a few airports, and a few other Utilities, the cost of REX, which you may use on most flights, is quite modest.

Lets face it, the real cost of MSFS, is the amount of time of your life, it can consume !!

1 Like

Hello all,

today with my tests from 2:00z looks like weather is working well again. I did many tests around Slovakia countries and weather was really very accurate, clouds, precipitations, temp, pressure, wind. Hope this will work good for next time to us…

1 Like

Hello, first sorry for my English…
I live in Lausanne Switzerland, yesterday evening it was rainy… And when I select live meteo in the little window the meteo was good…
The little window show me rain, but when I go in the Sim it was just cloudy so I think the meteo is OK in our version of msfs but teh problème is in online…

I mean the server was not on-time with my version of msfs…

I wonder how deterministic the weather model is… As in, given the exact same inputs, does it always produce the exact same output? If that’s not the case, there will be issues in multiplayer.

Live Weather at KORD looks good today.