Live weather down every day from 23:00-00:12 Zulu (6:00p-7:12p EST)

Whatever the reason the wording is misleading to a lot of people who think after a few minutes they should have the service back when in reality it’s 72 minutes.

2 Likes

Anyone else actually getting live weather now? Seems for me this bug is not occurring today…

I have it too. 3KT of wind coming from 225*. This is a joke.

1 Like

Just confirming that Live Weather has stopped for me again. UHSO, clear blue skies, no snow. In reality I would’ve bought a shovel.

And it came back when all predicted!

Brief delay, over an hour is not brief. Disgrace this is still occurring.

I’m impressed you got it down to the minute. I’m now waiting eagerly for weather to pop in , in a minute…

EDIT:

Suddenly IFR! Great catch!

Live weather down for me now.

I was going nuts wondering what was broken now. Only Microsoft could screw something up this uniquely.

only workaround right now seems to be using a weather plugin like rex to inject the weather for that hour unfortunately. hopefully they fix this soon.

It’s been over 2 months now, so like 20% of a year. How soon is soon I wonder. Sometime in 2023 maybe?

6 Likes

agree and that we have said about many things since release too or from other updates that things got broken in that hasn’t been fixed yet either.

I think it’s pretty sad this downtime, which is so absolutely reproducible for just about everyone who uses the sim, has gone this long without being fixed!

23:00-00:12Z is currently 6:00PM-7:12PM in the eastern US, when everyone is just getting home from work, finishing their dinner, and having some free time to fly hopefully…only to log in and see NO weather at all. Then if I choose to start a flight, I’ll have weather suddenly appear out of nowhere at 7:12 PM exactly.

No matter how much more accurate/not accurate you consider the weather to be post SU7, you can’t say this is anything but a failure if we need to deal with an hour+ of downtime every night during prime flying hours for a large portion of the userbase.

They need to get it together. Enough is enough.

4 Likes

Agree it’s now more than 50h down time since su7 hotfix beta started. I think it was back then it started.

1 Like

Nice, Im glad the fix is this simple. Honestly not upset if Asobo just could not figure out this was the issue, but the silence on this issue is disappointing. I’d rather hear them say we cant figure this out or we dont think this is a big enough issue to pay attention to then nothing at all.

Uh, this is marked as completed?!? Did Asobo fix this or am I now expected to change my clock settings to have the weather working each time I start a flight after 3pm PST?

No, if it was marked completed it would have a different tag. This is still under investigation.

I received a notification states that this is completed.

I just got a notification saying it’s completed so I thought the same thing.

See the “feedback-logged” tag? It means it’s still under investigation. If it was remediated (i.e., fixed) - it would switch to a Green “Fixed on Live” usually following the release of a Sim Update.

It’s been in feedback-logged for a few weeks, so that’s not what triggered that notification as far as I know.