Live weather down every day from 23:00-00:12 Zulu (6:00p-7:12p EST)

Not everyone. Some how I’ve been lucky to not be effected by most of the major issues. I’ve encountered some sure.

How many hours do you have on this game? I have 1,035 hours.

steam says 1,878, but actual flight hours are 735.

Steam time also includes downloading patching and such so yeah.

1 Like

Well, I was hoping this would be fixed with the update, but apparently not. I was cruising at FL390 with a 94kt tail wind, then suddenly overspeed warning and AP disconnect because the wind went back to 225/3. It is frustrating since this is the only time seem to be able to fly during the week.

This needs to be fixed ASAP. This is one of the busiest times that people fly the sim. People in Europe are still playing, and many folks in the US are off of work and starting up their sims, kids are home from school. To think none of them will have any weather at all, is not an acceptable solution.

Great! So you are saying that you have never experienced low bandwidth, data server not working properly before and after updates? That is great if that’s really the case.

Unfortunately, the lack of votes in this thread seem to indicate this is something few people care about.

I said I haven’t been effected by most issues, I didn’t say all.

But of both of those issues you mentioned, I haven’t had either of them in a few months.

1 Like

My guess is there are of people that dont fly during this time/ have not noticed. Since almost daily I see new people inquiring on the forum about live weather as they notice the down time for the first time.

Personally, I have just been resorting to Rex weather during the daily outage. Not an ideal solution as I prefer the msfs live weather but it as so far worked well enough to get by for me.

It’s a no fly zone every night with this nasty bug ! Voted and noted !

2 Likes

Live weather down again at 23:00Z :frowning:

1 Like

And it’s back JUST NOW (00:12Z)

I was pleased to see yesterday that when I started a flight before 6:00 PM EST, the live weather continued for the duration of that flight that ended about 6:30 PM EST, but the next flight launched immediately after that one did not have live weather, due to this bug.

It looks like starting the flight before 6:00 PM EST avoided this bug entirely and that this bug only affects flights that are started during that daily 1 hour and 12 minute time period?

1 Like

Same here for me I noticed that too good observation. Quite an annoying bug hopefully they get that solved soon as well .

its a bit ridiculous that this defect occurs during any time zones prime time gaming hours.

But live weather being down effects the whole world. Zulu is the only universal reference, that is why it is used in Aviation.

1 Like

Totally ridiculous, I have to plan my flights to begin at 7:12 PM. FIX IT !!!

Currently down again within the window

1 Like

This is a seriously embarrassing issue for them to have. I know the devs at REX are loving this cause it makes people wanna buy THEIR weather engine!
The people at X-Plane must love it too cause they know how many simmers are gonna give up on FS2020 and buy XP12 when it comes out!
At this rate, I’m buying XP12 on release date, never touching this one again.

3 Likes

Sure enough, right at 23:00z, the weather shifted aggressively for me.

Now the weather conditions I’m experiencing in flight at 3500’ are:

• Temp: -25C
  • Wind 322/38 knots

This is actually representative of the previous day’s weather, not today’s, and it’s not Clear Skies either.