Live weather not loaded in the sim after 22/12 update

In the sim menu there seems to be correct weather for departure airport (EKCH in this case). But inside the sim it’s clear skies 20 degrees.

I have experienced that already a few times. Sometimes the weather is loaded correctly but most of the time not. Per meteoblue:

Have you tried the workaround solution ? Pre-Set weather to clear skies in the menu and when the sim loads change the weather to Live via the toolbar. I find this has been working for me until such time Live Weather is fixed.

Tried. Not working Still clear skies 20 degrees.

Happens to me, too if i end a flight and go back to the main menue and start a flight from there. Always the second flight shows only clear skies. Only way for a work around for me is to shutdown the sim completly and start from the scratch.

This happened to me for the first time yesterday, and I noticed I also wasn’t seeing any live-traffic on the world map. The workaround fixed the weather issue but then I tried something different. I checked my Windows Firewall settings and deleted all the “flightsimulator.exe” rules I could find in both “inbound rules” and “outbound rules”, after that I launched the simulator again and this time I was asked by Windows if I want to add a Firewall rule and I said yes to both “private” and “puplic” networks, and this fixed all my live-weather issues, I didn’t need the workaround anymore, the simulator loaded with the correct weather.
I’d say this trick is worth trying.

Happened to me as well but only after the SECOND flight and the ones after it. Weather was completely clear in a 4 hours flight without any changes in wind or clouds which doesn’t make sense, also alt 29.92 everywhere, temperature at 20C etc. The first flight was OK though.

So may be related to Live Weather improved but still not correct on second flight

Same here, I am doing a flight from egkk to ekch.
I have that 225/03 wind persistent from ground to cruise level.
No clouds.
Before yesterday’s update everything was fine.

Did u start the flight with Clear Sky and tried to change the weather to Live thereafter?

My Live weather works, except temperature wrong and low visibilty wrong

No, live weather was enabled throughout the duration of the flight.

edit: replicated again. Launched flight with Multiplay Live Players option, so live weather is not even selectable but is enforced. The first flight was fine, plenty of clouds over France. The second flight was 29.92 everywhere and not a cloud on the surface of the planet.

Hopefully this’ll be fixed sometime before 2024.

Also as a clarification we’re not saying that live weather doesn’t work in general. We’re saying that if you finish/quit a flight and load another one without restarting MSFS, then the weather will be 100% clear in that second (or any subsequent) flight.

1 Like

Same here. No live weather.

1 Like

My last 3+ attempts to replicate the issue have been unsuccessful though. I think the only thing I did differently was to launch the second flight at a different airport in a different continent. Everything was fine. Then launching the third flight at the same airport (e.g. the one from the second attempt) was also fine.

For me Live weather works on my first flight. If I then exit to the main menu to setup another flight, regardless of what parameters I set, the sim is reloaded wit the default “20 degress clear skies preset” - no matter what I do now I cannot get Live weather without restarting the sim.

2 Likes

It looks as if it depends on where you are. Near the 0-meridian (Western Europe) there is no live weather.

Live weather not working at all for me, just clear skies.
Help anyone?

Closing as duplicate Topic.
Before posting, use the search feature of the forum to see if an existing topic exists. Topics that have votes hurt those votes when a duplicate is created.

Contribute to this topic:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/live-weather-does-not-match/135263/873