Live Weather Reports and Discussion

Yep, been there, did that. :slight_smile: It was disturbing, given that “inaccuracies” are acceptable to a certain extend, but a wide-spread “225/3” when it’s 340/84 at FL360 is completely unacceptable.

Let me rephrase my post to make it even clearer: They knew about the issue, probably even before the closed Alpha started, since it is so darn obvious.

My personal conclusion: Either they haven’t found out, yet, why it’s (sometimes) working quite accurately in some parts of the world but somewhere else most of the time it isn’t, or they didn’t want to look at the issue because they prioritised to implement “poorly-done plane #84” over this problem for release.

Both possibilities (there might be more, of course) leave me puzzled.

1 Like

Sorry for quoting myself, but being puzzled is not even close of how I’m feeling about their Know Issue tracker here and here (last updated Aug 27). God I hope players will be able to get their achievement “In The Wild” as soon as possible! The sim is almost useless if that doesn’t get fixed asap!

(Again sorry, but couldn’t help myself there. Looking forward to any update tomorrow(?))

2 Likes

Same here, this is what I wanted to let us know after the try I gave yesterday LFJI/LFQQ (France) … The weather was accurate!
Except the turbulence effect that is absent in CB or in some clouds (which is definitely a big lack).

However there were some CAT and turbulence due to the different layers of the forces of the wind and also because of the winds vectors changing from time to time, which gave a certain immersion of realism during the entire flight. Clouds seem to be placed in a coherent matter as well. But they are all innocent, no danger to care about. That is a big problem as we already know for the immersion/realism.

From South of France when I started to reach the North 4 hours later, the winds, the temperature, the alti-pressure were accurate all the way long… I’m forced to admit that it made this flight a very pleasant one until a certain limit which is again the absence of turb in clouds as it’s supposed to be into CB for instance (I repeat myself lol)…

After the 4/5 hours in the air in a row, I decided to give a try at Honolulu because of the strong windy day. Gust to 28kt… Winds etc were accurate as well out there.
But here there comes an other major issue that I had already noticed many times without paying a deep attention.
I noticed that in take off or same in final no matter the force of the wind and the direction are, the airplane behaves like if the envelope of the bird wasn’t affected by crosswinds and even by strong gust winds! … I can fly straight during rolling-take off without barely touching my rudders and no need to put the yoke in the direction of the wind as we should do during T/O in case of cross winds… Same for the final until the very touch down the winds do not affect the aircraft in anyway!

Have you noticed that Captains? (using only the live weather of course ) …
At least it barely affects the aircraft.
I’ve noticed it already but yesterday I especially paid attention to that…
I don’t know why.
Any idea?

Same here!

I’ve noticed what appears to be a bubble when your on or close to the ground. The map will depict the correct wind, but once in the plane, the wind display in the PFD will depict winds much lower in speeds. Once you take off and get above a certain altitude, the winds gradually increase to what they are supposed to be. When you land, as you get lower, the wind decreases to the lower value.

I live in the SE USA and can testify that for me the Live Weather feature is horribly broken. The sim weather so has NEVER once matched up with my out the window weather for my local field, and being a retired weather forecaster (and observer prior), with access to world weather metars, I always verify. And this has been the case for pretty much everywhere I have done flights: USA mainland, HI, AK, NZ, AUS, UK, FR, etc.

I hope this confirmation will help Asobo in some small way. Whatever the server(s) is/are trying to push out, the simulator itself is not processing the input.

2 Likes

… just flown into LIRP (Pisa) in a Cessna 152 MSFS … both the METARS and Meteoblue indicate ESE/ 3-5 knots … Approach LIRP MSFS 240/ 9knots … something not right there?

Definitely not right. Head over to the bugs&issues section here and upvote the topics there about this issue :slightly_smiling_face:. They just added that feature to that forum so it’ll help this issue get even more attention from the devs

5 Likes

… thanks for this … done👍

1 Like

A glimmer of hope… ‘Live’ services going under maintenance at 0700 UTC 1st Sept. It * might * help with the live winds. We’ll soon find out.

Just did an amazing flight in British Columbia.

Was using live weather of course. The visual variations of cloud formations, cover, fog, visibility and lighting was fantastic. Constantly changing and dancing with the clouds in the DA62 was joyful.

But despite all the amazing things going on, alas the wind stuck pretty much right between 220-225 at 1-3 knots, for the entire flight.

1 Like

1000% KDCA

and REAL
kdca real

hope so, where did you read that?

hey guys go to this link and upvote the weather issues to be fixed: Live weather is not working

Filed bug report just now through zendesk

Sorry to report, the patch today did not fix the wind issue :frowning:

Patch??? Can you be better clear?

2 Likes

Which patch are you talking about?

I think he was referring to the server side updates they did last night. I think the fix for the weather will have to be a client side patch…Whenever that is, who knows.

1 Like

OK, thanks. I did not know about an update.