Live Weather Reports and Discussion

Filed bug report just now through zendesk

Sorry to report, the patch today did not fix the wind issue :frowning:

Patch??? Can you be better clear?

2 Likes

Which patch are you talking about?

I think he was referring to the server side updates they did last night. I think the fix for the weather will have to be a client side patchā€¦Whenever that is, who knows.

1 Like

OK, thanks. I did not know about an update.

Concur. Flying over Russia right now, same issue.

Where has HiFi stated they are locked out from modifying the weather? They have stated on their forum that they have no news regarding MSFS at this time. Did I miss something?

first reply in this thread. The thread, not the link to their forum that shows up in the preview.

Hi,

Thank you for the information, there is no mention of HiFi being locked out of developing for MSFS in their post however.

Well, Weā€™ve finally seen it move into the known issues list.

Letā€™s hope they can get a team working on it as a high priority and get it fixed within a couple of weeks.

2 Likes

winds donā€™t appear to be fixed, but other weather elements like OAT, ISA, and pressure seem to be more accurate, especially at high altitudes. Progress?

hope so. I havenā€™t updated yet as Iā€™m towards the end of my 15 hour flight from Dubai to Auckland. But will report once its updated.

Winds and other weather issues will be, hopefully, fixed in the next update

1 Like

It is still completely broken. I started form Juneau PAJN. According to skyvector local pressure was 30.03.

Pressing ā€œBā€ gave me 30.02 inside the aircraft. Not bad i thought first. 1 minute later i press again -> 29.99ā€¦and after 2 minutes again over the airport i press it a third time -> then it was at 30.00ā€¦

Sorry but it is a total joke.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll give a try right now at my place LFQQ (North of France) itā€™s overcast above my house.

METAR LFQQ 030930Z AUTO 21013KT 9999 OVC030 19/12 Q1018 NOSIG

Letā€™s launch MFS2020 now and see how it goesā€¦

Weather is ok +/- with some pressure differencies. What Iā€™ve discovered now after patch (this never happened before), after flight and be inside Main menu after, I set new flight and discovered that Online weather still is ok (righ up window shows Online weather ok - clouds,ā€¦). Then I try change other airport (what i did t/o) and also weather shows also as was there. I was think that weather is somehow started work but then I set different airport what I didnā€™t use today yet and Online weather shows typical icon not working. After that I decide close FS but FS now doesnā€™t end normally - was hanged and I must close it manually inside TM. This was first time that my FS was not closed correctly, standartlly it takes cca 10s to close.

To me weather is very important.

It surprises me that although MS/Asobo have stated they are open to 3rd party developers providing add-onā€™s there hasnā€™t been any attempt (SDK) to provide the opportunity for developers like HiFi Simulations (Active Sky) to develop their weather add on for MSFS.

I think this is the only way that ā€œliveā€ weather will be possible.

1 Like

This is massively annoying and Iā€™m about to uninstall this pos of go back to xplane and all ITS annoyances. Load the sim, make a flight plan or load up at an airport with no destination. Live weather will show up, although itā€™s usually 225/3 or some variation, it certainly doesnā€™t match METAR info from the airport. If at any time you cancel the flight and go back to the main menu, the weather for the departure airport will show, but any other airport will not show live weather. If you go into the Flight settings, youā€™ll notice that the live weather tab has defaulted to custom preset. within that preset, the top tab says live weather where it is defaulted to now. but no live weather is present, and you have to restart the sim completely to get live weather back. MASSIVELY annoying.

1 Like

Getting this in order should IMO be very high on their list of issues to address if they want MSFS to be seen as a simulator rather than a very pretty game.

Iā€™ve spent more time trying to get the ā€œfeaturesā€ to work on this as I have installing addons into Xplane, which is to say a lot of time. How embarrassing for Asobo.

2 Likes