Live weather servers down 26/27 November

Live weather servers seem to be once again down.

Live weather is currently not available.

This is happening far, FAR too often. Pathetic given that Microsoft is one of/if not the biggest tech companies in the world and they can’t keep a simple game server operational.

6 Likes

Yep, totally ridiculous the frequency that it happens.

3 Likes

When its CAVOK at Manchester you know something’s up with microsoft

7 Likes

Yep I’m in Manchester too - windy as heck isn’t it!

My live weather just went back to real conditions… not sure if this is going to last though.

1 Like

yeah… it was still working 4 hours ago… now it’s definitely down… again :slightly_frowning_face:

edit: after 15 mins, now it’s up again

I get overcast when reported low OVC 007 now too when it got back. maybe fixed that height bug?

1 Like

Live weather still not working for me, 08:00z

1 Like

1 Like

Confirm, no Live weather at 0830Z

1 Like

Please stay on-topic with constructive feedback on reporting an outage.

1 Like

Things would probably stay more on topic if we could get some constructive feedback about all the issues we face now :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I can confirm, Live weather is not working for me here as well, unfortunately. Checked my online functionality within the sim, also tried to sign out from my MS account and sign back in (sometimes it re-jiggles the connection), but no live weather is being injected into the simulator.

I hope developers can resolve this soon and together with so many simmers here, despite our disappointment, am available for testing and helping to sort things out.

I don’t think it’s fair to blame Asobo when the Live Weather servers go offline. Microsoft is 100 percent responsible for operating the Azure servers that supply the weather data. The best that the developers or community moderators can do is notify Azure that there is a problem and hope that it gets fixed in a timely fashion.

1 Like

I don’t really know, but I think it works for me - the windgusts were also pretty much right, even the A320 noticed them (it wasn’t like that before) !! We are already discussing the representation somewhere else anyway, it´s not about, just wanted to say that apparently certain people are “online” !

I can confirm that the live weather is back online for me. I had to update my XBOX online verification app via Microsoft Store, restart my PC, sign out and sign in back to my XBOX account (I have MSFS via MS store) and all of a sudden the live weather started working, I don’t know if these are anyhow connected. But can confirm that live weather is back for me and looking pretty darn good.

EDIT: Once again, after some 70 minutes into the flight, the live weather crashed and stopped injecting anything into the simulator, but clear skies. I´ve also ended the flight, went to my intended destination (Berlin) and the live weather did not load at all in Berlin as well.

Once again, all of a sudden rendering of any clouds stops at a particular line:

Quit the flight, went to an airport with bad weather, and no live weather loaded at all:

1 Like

Live weather is down for me now again.

And even when it works it doesn’t look good as you said sorry! But the whole system is broken. I mean you can see it in your photos too that where there is some weather is all the same in every direction with the same clouds too.

1 Like

Appears to be down again