Live weather stops injecting after a certain duration flown / certain time flown

Yoooh hooo I fixed it! Just had data off. Duh!

1 Like

Solved!!!

I will tell you about my experience, I bought the game the same day it went on sale, at that time I was with win10 (now I have win 11) and there was a version from the Microsoft market (now there is a more modern version).
The problem is in the Microsoft market, I will tell you my solution:
First step: format the computer.
Second step: do not install updates, this is very important, nor of the system, much less of the application from the Microsoft market.
Third step: as soon as your version of win is installed, open the app from the Microsoft market, don’t look for the simulator in the taskbar, look in ready-to-install applications.
Fourth step: install the simulator.
Fifth step: Once the simulator is installed, make sure you have the correct computer time and time zone.
Sixth step: update everything you have to update and reboot.

Commanders!!! I hope this helps you!!!

Hello, can you elaborate. Which setting did you alter?

Here we go again. Same issue here. ipv6 did not work for me the 1st time this issue was present. I even submitted a Zendesk ticket with no response, but it was fixed a few days later. Love how the sim never wants to work right on my weeks off.

I agree with a comment above, they should fix all the things that previous updates broke rather than work on improvements. The broke things are severely outweighing the improvements.

Make live weather work
Make flying through clouds realistic again
Enable control of the aircraft when the right mouse button is clicked…just to name a few

1 Like

I know the ipv6 fix isn’t working for everyone, but it has for me. I just wanted to add that I also have trouble updating the sim with ipv6 in use. I get into a download loop and have to stop the update. I also have trouble downloading AIG files from their site with it on. I am posting here to maybe give the computer experts some insight into what or why this is happening. thanks for the help

Not sure if it is related but my firewall setup is as below for the flightsimulator.exe application (I always have clouds), for the ones that have the missing clouds issue, you may want to check that too, additionally to the IPv6 disabled.

So is the live weather down?? It was fine 3-4 days ago. Now it’s clear skies everywhere. What is going on?

1 Like

Live weather server is not down, you can check status here: Online Services Monitoring
The point is that there is an issue where the clouds stop to be injected for some users (wind/pressure are injected) and it is inconsistent. For some, disabling the IPv6 fix the issue but not for all. No one knows the root cause, this thread is feedback-logged what means devs are investigating.
You can also check that forum https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/self-service/weather/328 where many users have been reporting the issue of no Live weather at all and you can find some recommendations to check some setup that in some cases allowed users to get their Live weather and clouds back.

Ok guys I think I found (again) a workaround that works…
VPN is the solution, until Asobo fixes that… Now I have clouds.

1 Like

Hi hope some people with same issue could try that workaround to confirm it also works for them.

For those using Killer-Control-Center-Application…Disabling KillerNetworkService.exe solves the problem of no clouds. Do it through task manager processes. Until it’s fixed I’ll live without the Killer App.

1 Like

For those that had no clouds at all, then did a fix (IPV6, or VPN…ect) and now have clouds, please do a 500+ mile flight and see if you still have them at your destination. Chances are you will come up to a line where the clouds stop.

I do have clouds at my orgin and throughout my climb, but usually after an hour at cruise, there is the line where they do not pass anymore.

Ok i tried the VPN solution and it works.

VPN enabled

So now we need a VPN subscription just to have clouds?

No need VPN in my opinion.

Why? To my opinion from my many previous tests (as I see this problem) it looks to me that this weather injection somehow close only with flight above some not specific altitude. Why? My observations are typical IFR flights (mostly) to lets say FL150 or FL160, simply max about 16000ft on std pressure. I can do 2, 3 hrs flight, weather is still there. If I do flight with lets say any jet and above lets say FL200, this problem is presented. This observation I reported already previous year??? Really don’t know exactly because many users started with IPv6 solution what is nonsence to me because I don’t have any and can’t imagine therefore why disable this protocol can give me some benefite here. All users need to have correct look over their network cfg, maybe routers are somehow configured, who knows but from not logical IPv6 bug reported all started crazy and not check all about their net cfg. I don’t know if this is really problem but my flights with Seneca mostly in this time shows that weather injects without problems, my all flights are max to FL160. Pls ALL! Do same tests to confirm if my observations are correct.

And of course, leave your network adapter cfg as default was.

How it’s possible from Sunday some routers or modems was gone crazy and stop inject weather?

Hello,

ask your net provider. Your living position?

I think OMICO is right. I use the ipv6 off for my setup and never ever lose weather, as soon as I turn it on the weather goes away after flying about 500nm. I’m sure this has to do with my network, isp, or something in the loop. The problem is I have no idea how to find or fix this. I just like to sim. Its easier for me to turn of ipv6 and have weather and I don’t know how to find what is really causing the problem. I hope people on here and Osobo can. I will be watching because I’m sure this can effect other things also in the sim environment. Thanks in advance for the free help.

Ask what?

Why Mr provider you cut msfs ports and directions to Greece?

Come on, let’s be serious. It’s something from Asobo.

1 Like

Never said that it isn’t problem of Asobo,

only after see some users from Greece report some similar problems, I can only guess, same like you in this case. I see what I have on my PC opened, what ports, connections. I can also only guess therefore I did test flights and discovered that. I feel that IPv6 is hoax generally, as I said, I have now all enabled as is inside network adapters default settings and have weather without problems, only above some altitude have this problem. I’m not from Greece but have also this problem.

Greece is famous about the sun and clear skys, like all Mediterranean area buuuuuut, 6 days without any clouds from Greeks ip’s it’s Asobo matter. No ISP, No IP6, no data, no memory, no nothing. Just Microsoft and Asobo.