Live weather stops injecting after a certain duration flown / certain time flown

The other day the clouds stopped again. My route made me turn 45 degrees hence I could follow the straight cloud line only to see that after a while there was this 90 degree cut off again. So the cloud coverage seems to be a square.

Do you have this problem everyday or just sometimes?

Yes I have the same problem especially on weekends. The Solution is maybe to turn Multiplayer off?

I have it almost every single fllight. Live weather shows wind and pressure correctly but no clouds.
HOwever just since a few days each flight is ok. It might have been restoration of the server outage earlier this week that solved it, it might be my clicking on ‘airport activity’ (or similar) right above the ‘Fly’ button. But I have had 2 correct flights now and am hoping for a third one so I can confirm the improvement.

I have a feeling that this problem is somewhat location based. For example, if I am flying from somewhere it might be completely clear skies for a hundred miles either way, but near the destination there are more realistic clouds, including the situs/stratus type clouds at high altitude. If I decide to visit the place where there was no clouds a couple of days later, it is still completely and unrealistically clear skies.

Hopefully to clarify things here—most cases of these injection failures are not caused by connectivity issues to the server / IPv6. This relates more with an issue with the simulator trying to load in live weather tiles into memory. Apparently if the world tiles loading process is slower for your configuration (e.g. you use a higher level-of-detail) or your system is low on free memory available, live weather injection becomes substantially likely to be skipped for the rest of the flight session.

I’m beginning to see a consistent correlation with when live weather stops injection with a bloated memory usage for the sim. Perhaps someone can help by timing their memory usage statistics and noting them when live weather stops injecting.

1 Like

Nice thoughts,

thnx to this i can remember and confirm - no any of your mentioned. Very same as other reported, after 1hr cca and on FL320 to me. My quick look to RAM, GTX mem, no problems and more than half of capacity free.

1 Like

I must admit that what @Tinh1000000 says sounds reasonable. Disabling IPv6 helped in majority of cases for me and despite not being able to connect the dots, I thought it was the silver bullet.

However, the weather stops injecting for me from time to time, even though I have IPv6 disabled. This time it’s usually clouds that stop being injected, whilst temps and pressure work, but the wind also gets stuck at one value…

The issue is still ongoing for me, despite trialing IPv6 disabled. After a certain period flown the clouds stop injecting and end at a huge wall (as per the many pics posted here). This used to never be an issue, but I can’t pin-point when it started for me. It’s definitely a realism killer when you’re landing in what’s meant to be low-vis conditions or hairy weather etc. Other stuff from the METAR like wind, temp etc continues to be fine in my experience, just the clouds.

Is it possible, that this happened at the same moment to us? Had it also today in the morning and saw it even on someones stream. I think this is definitely a server issuse with live weather… Maybe we should collect the exact time when this happens to proof this.

I also have no live weather, sometimes it works and sometimes not

Got one right now at 8:00 UTC Zulu, Server South East Asia. Anyone else?

2 Likes

Yes me too, today I had it again very frustrating, for example on Sunday I could fly with the concorde 3,5 hours non stop and I had perfect weather data, clouds, rain from London until NewYork. I dont know what it is but I am sure its the servers of Microsoft/Asobo

1 Like

I also think it’s a server-side issue. Same issue that renders the clouds on the World Map day/days old. I REALLY hope Asobo’s been working on a fix for SU10, because this is unacceptable.

3 Likes

Yes I hope so too, and yes of course its the server. sometimes the sim working very great, super live weather data and another day is very bad. (or they working in the background) and well if I turn ivp 6 off) it doesnt work for me. Before Update 9-10 I had not this issue so its 100 % Asobo problem.

1 Like

Lol… It occurred again today, abrupt clear skies.

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. I hope this gets fixed soon

2 Likes

Happening to me too on SU9, so frustrating!

2 Likes

Anyone having an issue where live weather won’t inject at all? Sometimes if I leave it long enough the clouds will appear, but pressure setting etc still doesn’t work. Tried updating to SU10 Beta to see if that fixed it but still nothing.

Every flight now :frowning:
I even tried starting my flight at the destination airport, then escaping to the main menu and resetting my plane to the origin airport, but no luck :frowning:

1 Like