Live weather stuck on data from 16th May

Same for me it is also not working since Monday RainšŸŒ§.
I hope it will be fixed soon

Maybe the problem is related to preparations for the upcoming Sim Update IV. I suspect thatā€¦ Then the problem would be history again quickly.

If that is the case then a note from the Community Managers or the Dev. Team stating such would be nice. My biggest problem is the lack of communication on issues like this. I know they tried to fix some weather issues with the last hotfix but they were not resolved and are now worse. Since then I have not seen anything from Asobo/Microsoft about the problem.

It would appear to be the same here, in the UK. Iā€™ve also noticed whilst flying Glasgow - London and vice versa over the past couple of days that the pressures at cruise altitude have been fluctuating really badly, and very eraticā€¦ sometimes it throws an altitude change of around 300 to 400 feet, and back again, and repeats.

1 Like

Votedā€¦but Iā€™m not sure that Microsobo cares anymore.

For now until they fix it properly Iā€™ll stick with the Unreal Weather addon. At least itā€™s accurate around the airports - well it has been last couple of days for me - even if you do see the weather ā€œchangingā€ periodically.

Possibly they changed something fundamental to fix this, and we are left being incompatible with the fix until we get SU4 next Tuesdayā€¦

Just an idea :slight_smile:

Honestly until @LateAura49 and Hifi release an ActiveSky for MSFS which I have no doubt they will find a way to do, I have zero hope for whatever ā€œlive weatherā€ MS/Asobo try to come up with. It is clear that they are way out of their league at this point. 9 months after release and the weather is more messed up than it has ever been

Itā€™s been what three four days now since the weather has been stuck on the same data? How can a billion $ company have so many failures with servers or whatever they got going on? I can count on one finger the amount of times I ever had any sort of data issue with ActiveSky

2 Likes

I fear addon weather products may not leverage the full visual quality of the weather in the sim. The weather we already have looks so stunning at a level no other sim can touch. Itā€™s just often the wrong weather.

You would have thought that last bit would of been the easier bit to fix, having sorted out the amazing visualsā€¦

If only the tree coverage looked anywhere near as realistic as the weather coverage. But hey, thatā€™s another thread (or 100) near here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I thought it was just me seeing ground hog day in FS weather! Until I saw this post, now kind of relieved it isnā€™t my install or system.

I can confirm that WIND speed/direction and TEMPS are accurate to real world current conditions, those have changed and updated correctly. I have been flying out of KABQ and doing local flights all week and the wind yesterday was out of the east and gusty (FS matched real world) and today it matches as well out of the South and a pretty strong windā€¦

It seems itā€™s just clouds/precip that are ā€œfrozen in timeā€

Ughhh! I know this is a complex system but cā€™mon PLEASE Asobo fix this!

Yesterday at 2100Z I had the future weather bug again instead of 3 days old weather. Something seems to have changed for me at least. Winds and altimeter was a perfect fit for todayā€™s forecast. As usual, the world map showed the correct satellite image.

I am using Unreal Weather until this gets fixed. Live weather just looks so beautiful but I cannot use it when flying on vatsim.

1 Like

Still the exact same today. One full work week of this and we have not heard a thing about it from Microsoft/Asobo. Extremely frustrating! @Jummivana

3 Likes

Same here, still weather of May 17th.
(On re-checking the satellite imagery I erroneously labelled the screenshot in my above post May18th. while it is obviously from May 17thā€¦ Probably I took the screenshot before the actual picture for the set date was actually loaded - the site is not the fastest. So no change and still stuck with Monday weather)

My problem is different. Weather is still the same since days, but it is the same Weather at every place in the world. Everywhere I have 15 degrees Celsius temperature, the Wind is everywhere 270/5 with many cloud layers. The Weather did not change since hours in flight and also did not change at other destinationsā€¦ What is that? Never happend before :roll_eyes:

Here we go again - bug after bugā€¦upvotedā€¦I wonder what its like to have a week go without a bug with this simā€¦

1 Like

@Jummivana

The Live Weather system has been stuck on the same data since Sunday, May 16th. When loading the world map the cloud patterns are exactly the same today (Friday May 21) as on Sunday May 16th. The weather injected at any given airport has not changed going on 6 days now.

There has been no response by anyone at Asobo regarding this problem in all this time, despite numerous reports in this and other threads.

If there are going to be new Live Weather features coming with SU4 on Tuesday the 25th, requiring changes to the Live Weather server feed, and if the server is currently ā€œlocked downā€ for that reason, thatā€™s fine - I can live with that until SU4 is released, but if that is the case, then somebody from Asobo needs to say something .

As it stands right now, it appears that this issue is being deliberately ignored, and if there is a valid technical reason why Live Weather is not updating, (perhaps because of the pending SU4), then simple respect for the MSFS customer base would dictate that there be some sort of official response or explanation. Lack of communication is not good customer service.

If, on the other hand, the current problem is due to an actual malfunction with the Live Weather servers, then it is way past time for it to be addressed. Especially in light of the fact that this is the third time in the past two months that this has happened. The difference this time may be due to the upcoming sim update, but if so, please provide some kind of status update to acknowledge that.

14 Likes

I should have added that this is pretty par for the course as well - issue comes up - no communication for Asobo - community left to wonder what the heck is going onā€¦

1 Like

They should just really make a weather SDK for hifisimtech and REX so if people wana pay they can and if they donā€™t they can take their chances with this. It has almost 900 votes for opening up weather to 3rd party developers and theyā€™re not planned on it. But theyā€™ll open up for a 3rd party hydraulic system to work with boeing and some other racing firm. I do not get point of flying without the accurate weather. Another reason I mainly fly p3d with active sky.

Thats your fix, open it up to 3rd party developers, since theyre struggling so much on their data end.

No words from asobo means that they care about visuals and bugs for vr than weather which haha anyone knows weather is huge deal in aviation and actually matters for study level aircraft for wind data. So if yaā€™ll waiting for FSLABS and PMDG probably should look at this issue first in my opinion

1 Like

Still stuck from 16 MAY and still nothing from devs? I was thinking of buying some marketplace add ons this weekend, but decided to wait it outā€¦ if the weather doesnā€™t update, whatā€™s the point?

UPDATE: I think itā€™s working again. Now whether the clouds/precip is accurate needs more testing but flew around 22 MAY 03:00Z and clouds have definitely ā€œmovedā€ now since 16 MAY! Anyone else noticing this?