Liveries in Marketplace

It would be nice to have the liveries in the marketplace. So everyone could have the same full package online and see which company others online guys have chosen.

4 Likes

Yes, i agree whith you! :star_struck:

2 Likes

To be able to purchase or freeware Airline Liveries directly on the Marketplace for Airbus/Boeing?

Mostly so everyone has the same official liveries package when flying online… (Vatsim or just the online mode of MSFS2020)…I also wouldn’t mind if I have to pay for it. It’s all about immersion. As long as it’s easy for everyone to download/buy on the marketplace, that way, everyone will end up with the same official liveries.

Right now, when I fly on vatsim, all the other planes are generic and none of them represent the real airline they are flying on. It is also the same for the live A.I. Just boring default liveries. If everyone has the same package, everyone sees the same thing, and everyone is in harmony.

I know this is ridiculous for many, but for me it is important. A good simulator is when you really feel like you are in real life, and liveries are part of that.

What I mean is I wish there was an official source of liveries on the marketplace. Therefore, the market is the official source of what is trusted by the community.

Why? Because otherwise it becomes quite complicated and then each one works on its own configuration without approval. It would be nice to centralize everything, and even the aircraft models should be too.

If a 3rd party company build an aircraft that is appreciated by the community, we add it to the official marketplace.

The official marketplace becomes the most trusted source of what is trusted/approved by the MSFS2020 community.

Any thoughts?

2 Likes

Turn " off " Use Generic aircraft, in your setting to see some of the popular companies.

Nice idea btw.

1 Like

I definitely agree. I understand that you can supposedly download payware liveries from 3rd party producers however that takes up time, hassle and a lot of fiddling around with files. Especially because I don’t know where or even if I have a community file for msfs.

It would be really ideal and amazing to be able to purchase proper liveries directly from the Marketplace store! Cut out the middle man and just get your liveries direct!

I see potential issues with the marketplace as a channel for this. Copywrite/licensing/legal etc.

However, a community content channel where such corporate branding can be shared for free would work as this is usually considered to be ok. - as long as it’s not paid for.

I also absolutely agree and on top of that, the release of the Xbox series consoles I think liveries would make it that little bit extra special.

I don’t doubt that releasing real livery packs as payware content on marketplace can be dealing with some legal issues, but on the other hand we already have there the airport ground services real environment (can’t remember the exact name) from LVFR and there are so many brands/logos used including logos of airlines and does not seems to be an issue…