Liveries not displaying

After the update other liveries I had are not displayed in the option menu

How can this be solved?

You can only see the default ones (black and white, and the new FS ones)

Thanks

Carlos

Hi, just noticed that most of he other do display so, I’ll check the files for the aircraft not being displayed (TBM)

Cheers
Carlos

Well my Aer Lingus is white while in the menu looks fine…

So weird

Cheers
Carlos

1 Like

This is happening to me too. All of my third party liveries are doing this, and if I try to use one of my third party aircraft (the A330-300), the game crashes to desktop.

1 Like

“Glad” is not only me.
Hope they can fix it soon
Cheers
Carlos

1 Like

Liveries does not show up properly.
This symptom is seen only on 747-8 and not on A320 etc.

1 Like

The only thing I can tell is all of the liveries have a file 747_8I_AIRFRAME_HULL_ALBD.PNG.DDS and .JSON, and the default plane does not have that file set any more. I tried renaming 747_8I_AIRFRAME_HULL_ALBD. to 747_8I_AIRFRAME_FUSELAGE_ALBD, but that didn’t work.

1 Like

The following is about the 747-8.
After the update, the number of image files in the TEXTURE folder has been reduced by 9 (or more).
I think 747_8I_AIRFRAME_FUSELAGE_ALB.PNG.DDS is a collection of
747_8I_AIRFRAME_BELLY_ALBD.PNG.DDS,
747_8I_AIRFRAME_FUSELAGEDETAIL_ALBD.PNG.DDS,
747_8I_AIRFRAME_UNDERCARRIAGE_ALBD.PNG.DDS,
and 747_8I_AIRFRAME_HULL_ALBD.PNG.DDS .

(So all the repaints created so far need to be converted?)

1 Like

I placed 747_8I_AIRFRAME_HULL_ALBD.PNG.DDS in the upper left corner of 747_8I_AIRFRAME_FUSELAGE_ALB.PNG.DDS and it worked.

2 Likes

Uploading: Microsoft Flight Simulator Screenshot 2020.12.23 - 07.03.29.41.png…

1 Like
Original Post

So sieht das bei mir aus wenn ich die 7478i laden will

Mod Translation:

This is what it looks like for me when I want to load the 7478i

Translated using Bing

1 Like

Nice sleuthing! I tried doing this but wasn’t able to get it to work. I may just not be doing the right thing. Looks like all of the 3rd party livery creators are going to have to update their files.

Very annoying that Microsoft/Asobo would do something like this, which negatively affects the modding community given that there’s such a large and vibrant modding community for these games.

What’s more annoying is they didn’t say anything about it, knowing there is a community out here. All it would have taken is a note in the updates list. That kind of ■■■■■■ me off they didn’t do that.

My bet is it’s in preparation for getting rid of the reflected surfaces? Did they already fix it, is one quarter of the file the other side?

If they got rid of the reflected surfaces, this change is well worth the work it’ll take to fix it. If it improves performance, well, that’s a good thing, too.

1 Like

Looks like the livery creators over on Flightsim.to have already been hard at work adapting their liveries to the new texture mapping. Incredible work they’re doing. Sure would be nice if microsoft/asobo would give the community a heads-up on changes like this so creators don’t have to scramble and the users aren’t suddenly left with broken planes and liveries, wondering what’s going on.

1 Like

According to the Code of Conduct English is the official language of the MSFS forums, must be used in all categories except for #multiplayer.

Microsoft and Asobo announced their intention to give developers time to fix issues prior to the public release of new patches at a recent Q and A, so you should see progress on that next year.

2 Likes

I am having same PROBLEM UGGG…

1 Like

Looks like this is effecting the G58 as well, maybe something to do with the deluxe hidden aircraft. The default aircraft look fine and I did find a new livery just updated that works. Anybody open a ticket for this?

Thank you
We’ll wait for the updates
Cheers
Carlos