Livery Discussion | Discuss Liveries Here!

Does someone have a Photoshop template for the A320. So that I can make my own design. Relatedly try it. And a Tutorial?

I’ve installed a lot of liveries but only some of them show. Also, when I select say the xCub, I get liveries for the DA62 and TBM and vice versa. For my install I’ve just dropped the download into the Community folder…isn’t that the right way to do it?

Example.

And my folders in Community. Am I missing something? I was under impression you just drop these files into this main folder.

That is a problem witht the way we do things at the moment, liveries show up for every aircraft every now and then. And the more liveries you have the worse it gets, it can even cause the simmto crash. Tried to warn people about the issue but no one seem to care.

I did finally see that other thread with install issues… adding a livery seems really complex…the CFG edits (which is normal per FSX) but then the json files… argh! There’s some really nice liveries out but no way to use them properly.

edit: So what I’ve done is tried to load every livery (even if it was on a different plane lol) and then rebooted the sim…and I have more liveries now… not all still haha… what a mess!

I also have this concern and at times I have more deliveries on the planes…

Plug-in for opening DDS files in Photoshop.
Link:

Put it in Photoshop Plug-in folder.
3 Likes

Waiting for a Frontier Airlines A320 here.
Thanks for all the awesome work!

Problem solved.

Hello,
This CJ4 livery was intented for my personnal use,
I used the same style of visuals that I made for a video game I created. I just wanted to see what a livery inspired out of my game would looks like and I kinda love it so I wanted to share it ( Please tell me if only official airlines livery are allowed to be shown here ).

4 Likes

Thank you for your liveries! These are amazing! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Very nice Tiago I like it, I was waiting for more turboprop liveries!

The only issue is that both Cargo and Passenger have the exact same logo when we choose the livery, so it’s impossible to pick one or the other hehe.

Glad to see so many lovers of El Grande Caravana :wink:

I cant figure out how to use photoshop to create liveries for flight sim 2020 but if someone could help me out with this livery i would pay to have it done for me. and thank you all to the ones that are talented enough to make these paint schemes for folks like me who cant grasp what it takes to operate the programs!

5 Likes

Not sure what’s different… but these aren’t showing up for me, compared to all the other liveries. I’m just getting the stock X Cub livery, and that’s it.

1 Like

There’s a big issue with multiple liveries right now…using the Community folder. Try loading the liveries (they may show up under a different aircraft lol)…then reboot the sim. I was able to display some new liveries when I did this

Yeah, you are right and I think I resolved that issue. I will update the link asap.
And there is a different pack for the X Cub online as well on Clink123 Mega Pack.

+1 for LOT Polish Airlines A320

Can anyone paint OMAN AIR please?

The more I study the layout of MSFS 2020, the more disappointed I am with the way MS and Asobo have dictated and limited the abilities of texture artists. It’s almost pre-fsx in what a painter is allowed. Yes - there are some EXCELLENT creations out there, but I am disappointed to see that 90% and more are simple “re-colourisations”. The artists have had their design freedoms cut:

Many (all?) current default models make use of mirrored texture sheets and decals - that means asymmetric paint becomes an impossibility.

The MS Asobo method uses decals a lot - all fine and well, but even the real world aircraft have variations of factory paint schemes. The Cessnas for example - just visit the OEM web page and simple browsing shows MANY different side stripe graphics - In MSFS we have only one C172 design. (Or can we create and map our own decals?)

And with respect to the 172 - the texture mapping of the underside will cut off parts of the side decals and the different lighting/shade/reflection is just wrong.

I wouldn’t call the texture creation process fun either. I appreciate a lot of re-colourisers seem to be able to create folders to drop into the community folders, but it isn’t exactly easy or logical.

In the SDK there’s words about Texel density limitations - In FSX I was able to produce 4096 x 4096 texture sheets and get a very high pixel to centimetre (I could get up to 1000 pixels per metre) resolution that allows painting of metalflake and bump-maps and colour flip-flop paints. I can see that some liveries of “birds of paradise” aircraft are going to be somewhat more difficult to create.

We still can’t use vector graphic textures. But OK, the anti aliasing has improved a lot.

I may change my mind on much of this over time, but at first glance I am losing faith in MSFS.

4 Likes

It was the 747