Livery Maker Tool?

Is there such a thing or plans to offer a custom livery design tool? I see nice liveries becoming available in the Marketplace and 3rd party but I would like to be able to design my own custom ones.

Several months ago there was a good thread discussing the software and processes used to develop your own designs but it was a complex difficult process. Is there a simple design tool yet?

2 Likes

Hey @WideTracking. That’s a great question. I moved your post to the SDK/Liveries category where folks interested in creating liveries might see your question. Enjoy!

Would love to see the ability to create custom liveries get opened up for console pilots. I’m thinking it could be a possible(?) option to create a OneDrive location/folder where we could upload our content, that MSFS could check when it does updates upon login. I would even pay extra for that ability or something similar. I’m an artist who would love to make my own liveries. :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

I’ve been working on that. I called in MSFS Livery Generator.

This is still a WIP, and I’ve been focusing on gliders for now. I’m in the phase of collecting feedback and ideas.

So you have the Windows application itself, and then for each plane, a “kit” which is basically a paintkit with all the configurations and assets to apply layers to the base textures. So far I did 3 gliders, Asobo LS8, DG1001e, and Got Friends Discus 2c freeware version.

Enjoy :

drive .google .com /drive/u/1/folders/1CMg7csDN8QfQItFrDifiDiesY5Kl5mKE

1 Like