Livery updates please?

I really love the free addons on flightsim.to, but I notice that the creators of several aircraft liveries do not update them at all, and it seems it happens with scenery as well. The problem I see with this is that it takes a while to download and replace the files on our own folders. I know that many folks don’t have the time to do updates, but it would be helpful if they tried to keep up or just stop completely. I say they should at least respond and say something. Some respond saying they don’t have the time right now, but many do not respond at all. That’s too bad since there are some really nice liveries and sceneries out there.

Third party stuff is your own risk.

The old saying of “You get what you pay for” comes to mind here.

As @Salem978 said, use of 3rd party freeware is at your own risk. Authors of such content are under no obligation to anyone to do anything if they don’t want to. The good authors keep their works updated. Other folks lose interest and don’t care enough. Others simply don’t have time, perhaps due to issues in their life.

There are a lot of folks out there that develop stuff for their own use and never release it to the public for that very reason - they don’t want to be ■■■■■ to keep things updated every time a new sim update comes out and breaks it.

All stuff is third party, but some are made free of charge by enthusiasts, and some are paid by companies. But in any case, you are not safe from the fact that the manufacturer will update something, especially when everything breaks with each patch.

In the case of a paid product, you can still ask the developer to update, but if the product is free …

1 Like

Good to see them taking action on this. There are so many SU5 incompatible add-ons on there right now. It serves no purpose to deliver broken stuff that doesn’t work right.

Now if only Microsoft would take that advice to heart…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.