Loading a flight (from cloud): menu bar is gone

I am connecting to EUwest if that makes any difference as some have stated that may make a difference.

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

There are ways to modify the saved .FLT file to restore the Toolbar. This is obviously a work-around that not everyone can do, but it shows a solution to this bug is not impossible
It seems to make a difference if you start the flight from a parking (cold and dark) or on the runway (engine running)

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Not relevant

Is it possible to fix this error on the Xbox series X because I only play on the console and I don’t know myself

I don’t believe there’s a work-around on xbox.

I don’t have an xbox but I believe the saved game files are in the cloud, which means you cannot change the content of the files in a text editor.

I have seen that if you start a new flight, cold and dark at a parking, then immediatly save and then keep overwriting the same saved game as you progress that the menu bar remains there. But I have also heard others say that this trick doesn’t work on xbox.

thank you for the answer, I will try to say that there is not much you can do on the console

I tried that this morning on my Series X. I deleted all the saves and created a new flight originating at a parking location at an airport. I clicked ‘Fly’ and as soon as the plane came up in the parking lot, I saved the flight. When I closed out of FS and loaded that save, the toolbar did not work or appear. :frowning:

Maybe it’s me, but it’s crazy to offer an option to save a flight if you lose half of the functionality and cannot change any of the assistance options, view/not view VFR Map, etcetera, when you reload it.

2 Likes

Yes

1 Like

YES

I taxied to a different location on the airport and saved to my PC. When I reload the flight, the menu bar is not visible. If I go into slew mode and climb 50ft or so, the menu bar appears, and the windows I had open when I saved appear too. I go back to normal mode and every window and the menu bar are still there.

There is a very long 2 year old thread with people complaining about this bug. Devs don’t seem interested in resolving this.

Toolbar Missing and ability to change certain weather settings missing when loading a saved flight - Bug Reports / Miscellaneous - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

I tried to search for it, knew it had to be already reported, couldn’t find it, thanks.