Local Legend 15: Dornier Do 31

Please use this thread to post your impressions and feedback about the Dornier Do 31, available now from the in-sim Marketplace for USD $14.99.

If you have any bugs related to this plane to report, please create a new thread in the Bug Reports & Wishlist section of the forum with the tag dornier-do-31.

4 Likes

Check out this tutorial video by iniBuilds:

Manual and QRC links coming shortly.

2 Likes

An aircraft manual and quick reference card for the Dornier Do 31 are available in PDF format on our Aircraft Manuals page:

2 Likes

This thing looks crazy like something out of the vintage future!

2 Likes

Like Fallout.

7 Likes

I don’t know about the future, but it had a walk-on part in The Man in the High Castle, so there’s that.

5 Likes

The vintage future, or how the future looked to people in the past.

1 Like

While the past is not it used to be, at least the future seems to be getting better and better. I mean, post nuclear apocalypse dystopias aren’t in vogue anymore.

2 Likes

Five… Four… Three… Two… One…

Thunderbirds are Go!

5 Likes

Only had time for a couple of quick CTOL flights round Friedrichshafen.

First impression is - elevator authority is lacking. I was having to trim more or less constantly, having run out of stick. This, remember, in conventional flight well above stall speed.

Luckily there’s a big old elevator trim gauge in the upper centre of the instrument panel.

This may, of course, be true to the behaviour of the actual aircraft.

1 Like

What a fantastic plane by iniBuilds - thank you for the indepth tutorial too. My favourite local legend.

2 Likes

What’s the sounds like on this addon?

With two Rolls Royce Pegasus engines and eight lift engines, in real life, it must have been deafening.

1 Like

I DO not need this plane.
I do NOT need this plane.
I do not NEED this plane.
I do not need THIS plane.
I DO NOT NEED THIS PLANE!

Have I talked myself out of it yet?

8 Likes

Funny looking chopper… :wink::+1:t2:

1 Like

You need this plane. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Fixed!   

1 Like

This thing is just cool
…and it’s not using any FM trickery. It’s all thrust and vectoring with the CFD physics.
Great job IniBuilds!

You really have to be ahead of it! It’s so slow to react, with tons of inertia.
You get a great sense of what it must have been like to be a test pilot with the prototype. The cockpit is outstanding in VR! The sense of depth and texture detailing is sublime. This is the most fun I’ve had in MSFS yet!

7 Likes

So, is the SDK updated to handle vectored thrust?

1 Like

Ah come on man… I was planning on saving money and now you’re pulling this? No bueno :frowning:

1 Like