Local Legend III: Dornier Do J Wal

And many more ! I love a lot of the Stock aircrafts.

I also think MS/Asobo only provided the 3D Scans for the Dornier, the Rest was programmed by Oliver Moser.

So, now that at least the CTRL+ works when pressing it 3 to 4 times, I can kinda live with this.

I think it comes down to the question if one is a fan of flying boats.
because this is the only flying boat in MSFS.
It’s a classic, looks nice in three versions but needs some patches for the systems.

1 Like

Do have Husky much better flight model than default Cub-like aircrafts?

pff impossible for me to say so, never flown these…i say its about equal to the zcub.
and i find that pretty good.
i wished you could try stuff out !!! say just for a couple of hours.
i follow avangel on youtube , to see what a plane does…i find her excellent.

1 Like

http://www.seaplanebase.com/

1 Like

Hello everyone,

We have uploaded the PDF manual for the Dornier Do J Wal to the website now. You can find it linked below.

Thanks,
MSFS Team

6 Likes

and by proper aircraft I assume you mean “so boringly complicated that nobody wants to use it”? like watching the tutorial videos for the DCS Apache… the minority is interested in that nonsense, most probably want to have some fun, they don’t use charts, they don’t use ATC, they don’t watch pilots YouTube channels (yeah, we get it, taxi, take off land) they just want to play, if that’s alright with you.

1 Like

I actually think the Fokker and the Dornier aside, the other Asobo aircraft are pretty good.

I also think your expectations for £12 are a bit unrealistic. The P-38 is more than twice the price and this is reflected in the quality of the product.

The flight models of the Asobo aircraft are on the whole, decent, considering the price, and also considering that it’s probably a bit of a side project for them, considering they are also developing and furthering the sim itself. Aircraft developers are just that, and as such they focus 100% of their time on that.

All things considered, they’re pretty decent planes, in their current state.

8 Likes

I need a water “airport” in Europe so I can test this aircraft.
anyone?

1 Like

hello and thanks for your informative review.

please tell me exactly how you get the aircraft to the dock? what is the Airport name? and finally where can you find the bush trips?
thank you in advance

1 Like

Hi! Thank you for the kind words. This dock is in a third party seaplane base - the Drzwiecki Designs Seattle Landmarks, its ICAO is S60. When you select the only “parking spot” there, it will get you to the dock cold and dark. The Bush Trips are under Activities/Custom.

1 Like

Around New York there are 2

1 Like

I would like to fly the below flight.

where can I find it?

thanks in advance

thanks the manual is very helpful… but trying to find e.g. the fuel turn off switch to make the aircraft Cold and Dark is impossible in the Windows pc version.
So for me the aircraft is not flyable…

Again, it’s under Activities/Custom. It’s the Cabina trip. Nothing is impossible. I use the Windows PC version and you can see that it’s perfectly flyable.

Spawn on regular parking position, use Slew Mode to put aircraft in water.
I mean, it’s not perfect but a workaround if you have an airport near water.

2 Likes

If you have purchased the Dornier Wal aircraft, you should find the bush trips that were created for that aircraft. Look in the User Interface, Activities/Custom. There you should be able to locate three bush trips that are for the Dornier Wal. The “Plus Ultra”, which is the map you referenced. And two other trips, with different “Wal” models.

Enjoy

Actually, that is the Plus Ultra trip from Spain to Argentina.

Brad

2 Likes

Yeah, the confusing part a little is that they are not under bush trips but extra content or whatever it is called- to the right in the scroller.

You can of course land and save the flight and then whenever you reload that saved flight you will spawn on the water.

2 Likes

The three starting points from the missions can be found in the History of starting locations. You only must start the trip, Go back to the menü and then you will find them in the list of last starting locations.

BTW: Where is the first location in the official trailer, the castle near the water?

1 Like