Local Legend V: Beechcraft Model 18 ("Twin Beech")

Please use this thread to post your impressions and feedback about the Beechcraft Model 18, available now from the in-sim Marketplace for USD $14.99. You can read more about the history of this plane in our feature editorial here.

If you have any bugs related to this plane to report, please create a new thread in the Bugs & Issues section of the forum.

30 Likes

This will be the first local legend I will buy.

6 Likes

So who made it?

Carenado according to the marketplace

5 Likes

And the second I will not buy (now)

4 Likes

Well I shall buy it, Carenado have been pretty good with their MSFS releases and I’ve not been left disappointed by the 6 or 7 of their planes I’ve bought from them so far. Love the Twin Beech as well.

8 Likes

The issue with Carenado is that they barely patch their aircraft. Lots of small lingering issues.

11 Likes

this explains the delay on their PC-12 :wink:

glad to see their old FSX D-18 get a new coat of paint!

3 Likes

Their Staggerwing was/is really nice and considerably less buggy then their own planes. Maybe because it has not tablet so less that can be broken. The Beech 18 looks really nice too, unfortunately MSFS is not in a state currently on Xbox warranting any further investment.

1 Like

I love the idea of the Local Legends, but it’s a mixed bag overall, I bought all of them.
In a word I think that:

• Junkers: excellent
  • S.55: excellent, love that one
  • Wal: average, still unpatched so can’t start it from cold and dark + not as good graphically
  • Fokker: not good at release, unsure now after patch and not as good graphically

Regarding the new Beechcraft, I’m curious if it will have the signature Carenado sound bug :rofl: (Carenado aircraft can wrongly play the sounds of other Carenado aircraft parked in the vicinity).

Issue on Xbox, if you restart the Xbox then start the sim then both the Beechcraft and the World Update 10 will be uninstalled again and you have install them every time you restart the Xbox Series X

2 Likes

I guess I’ll look into this - got the Staggerwing and I like that one much so the Beechcraft 18 will be a good companion :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thats Right Carando too slow for Updates Never Again

1 Like

I have 2 of Carenado’s planes flew them maybe twice(wish I could get my money back). I really like the idea of the Beech18 but I’m gonna have to see what others think.

1 Like

The Beech 18 is one of my all time favourites. Even prefer it to the DC-3. Also my experience with Carenado has been pretty good so far. Have 5 planes incl. The Staggerwing.
So I’m very happy with this Local Legend :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

BTW: since I’m currently not home and can’t purchase her yet: does she have an Autopilot?

2 Likes

What instrumentation does this have in terms of GPS unit, etc?

Yeah there’s this pretty basic AP unit that looks kinda neat
There’s also a Garmin 530.

Found a small bug. In a cold and dark state the starter selector switch starts in the left position but that’s kinda buggy and I couldn’t start the engine this way. I had to move the selector into the middle and back to the left to get the starter working. Also I turned on the fuel boost before I figured this out and afterwards I had an annoying issue where the booster sound would play continuously even when switched off. Started a new flight and got it started up just fine now and without the annoying boost pump sound.

13 Likes

Thanks very much

Looks great I think.
Propeller levers can be set to negative values. Is it OK? Quite strange because on 0% propellers still produce a lot force.