Local Legend VI: Junkers F 13

How I can open EFB on Replica variant please?
Thanks.

Page 21 of the included documentation shows this. Press the ā€œmodeā€ button to display the options.

1 Like

Great hint. I didnā€™t notice these buttons are working.
Thanks

1 Like

Thereā€™s a ā€˜Toggle Freeze Altitudeā€™ bind available for keyboard settings under ā€˜Instumentsā€™, maybe this can help? Do not confuse with the attitude one above it athough you might want both.

edit: This also aimed at the guitar playing Steppenwolf fan up above.

Awesome! THANK YOU! Found the doc and was able to use the efb. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It should be noted that this system is a little fiddly when it comes to getting it to do what you want. Here are some tips to help use it.

• For me, switching to EFB mode always comes with the emergency checklists showing, NOT the main menu shown in the pic. The little arrow keys under the mode button donā€™t react to clicking. However, clicking the bottom button on the left side goes back to the main menu. Also, the scroll wheel seems to work on the arrow keys.
  • The button for the requested amount of fuel also works best with the mouse wheel. I find clicking on it just toggles back and forth between 1/4 and nothing.

==================================================

Anyway, Iā€™ve now given both versions a fairly good workout and rather like this plane. Iā€™m quite impressed with that it mostly works as intended, even circuit breakers in the replica, plus all the Wing42-like GSE and statics. Quite a steal for $15. I have noticed a few minor problems, however.

• As already noted, the pilot/copilot avatars are in the wrong seats.
  • In the replica version, turning off either mag switch, even just for an instant, kills the engine with no chance of recovery. Fortunately, restarting is no problem but it does keep you from doing a proper mag check during run-up (which isnā€™t mentioned in the checklist anyway, so maybe this is a known bug?)
  • The oil consumption of the 1919 model seems about 2x what it should be. I did a trip of ~70 miles (about 1/2 the advertised range) and used about 95% of the oil. The fuel consumption seems good, however. I only took 50% fuel on this trip and it was nearly all gone by the end as well. But the oil consumption would have stopped me here even if Iā€™d had full fuel.

But overall, I like both versions. Iā€™m into vintage planes.

4 Likes

It would be possible for them to remove it. The catalyst, I know that the contamination is true, but here we are virtually contaminated. Thank you

Is this landing performance correct? Should the F13 be able to hover at 40 kts above the runway? I canā€™t seem to get the thing back on the ground, and it is hard to lose speed even when you cut the throttle when youā€™re above the runway. I recorded this clip just now:

2 Likes

It can be real.
This aircraft have unique wing span and profile.

2 Likes

The Ju-52 by this developer levitated on takeoff so I donā€™t see why this plane hovering on landing should be so remarkable. :wink:

1 Like

I believe the Ju52 doesnā€™t behave half as bad as often said.
First make sure to load up the aircraft, as these aircraft were flown with much load.
Then follow the POH Part 10, Chapter 15 and hold it horizontally until the takeoff speed is reached and then take it up gently.

2 Likes

Try to get as low as possible when ā€œon finalā€. Pull the throttle all the way back. If needed pull a little bit up to loose speed, but most of the times, the plane will descend slowly to the runway. If youā€™re too high above the runway, and you dive towards it, you get too much airspeed and may overshoot the runawy. When I notice, I am too high, Iā€™ll make a 360-turn to slow down and in the same time to get on a lower altitude. If needed, I repeat this manouvre. Or, ā€œby the bookā€: declare a missed aproach and make the whole circuit again, upwind, downwind, crosswind and final. Succes with your landing.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips.
What I am referencing are the approach and landing speeds referenced in the manual compared to the speeds required to land the plane in the sim.
Final Approach: 67 kts
Landing: 60 kts

But the plane, even when heavy, can sit above the runway at 40 with power off, pulling significant angle of attack, and doesnā€™t really lose speed. And if you touch down above its stall speed it will bounce back into the air.

Iā€™m asking if the ground effect is tuned properly and if the drag is tuned properly.

1 Like

I find flying the wheels to the ground under a little power then cut throttle works better than flaring like a Cessna. Whenever I flare that way, she tends to float then bounce on the runway.

Flaring in any taildragger is going to make it bounce, basically, unless you flare enough for a full stall three point landing.

Seems pretty wack to me.

1 Like

Where can I find the documentation? THX.

Perfect landing!!.. (God I hate taildraggersā€¦ lol)

7 Likes
6 Likes

Nice one. If I had just one remark: next time try to aim more for the runway centerline.

ĀÆ_(惄)_/ĀÆ

3 Likes