Location of Splash Screen - Loading Screen - Carousel in MSFS

You need to expand your search phrases, just like using any other search engine. “Where is this location,” “MSFS Loading Screen,” “MSFS Splash Screen” etc.

Note the first, second and fifth results.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/search?expanded=true&q=splash%20screen%20location

Location please or GPS coordinates ?

Thank you…would like to fly the area

Do a search. There was a thread about this in the past where the location was disclosed. I can’t remember exactly where it was offhand though.

See here for location and coords.

4 Likes

Watch out for the spike!

1 Like

The next two pics…over the Mountain ranges of Chile

2 Likes

This thread (and there are others)

This is how I fly to the splash screen scene:

Take your Cessna 172 to SCPY Cerro Castillo Airport in Torres del Paine, Chile (Alt 400’) – Take off from dirt/grass Runway 26, turn right to avoid the mountain and climb to 10000 Feet on heading 260°. Proceed for some 53 nautical miles (or about 30 minutes.) You will cross a lake, an ice field then a snowy mountain range. When you reach the other side of the snowy mountains, reduce altitude gradually to 2000 feet and look for a large lake with long arms extending left and right of your aircraft. You need to get down rather steeply over that lake and turn right to a heading of about 320 degrees. You will then see the river you are looking for on the right, in a valley between two mountains. Fly along the river on heading 340 at 2000 feet and you will come upon the splash screen image’s location.

Happy flying.

8 Likes

Bross…thank you for the flight details…I will look forward to flying your plan…much appreciated

You fly past it when you do the Patagonia bush trip.

2 Likes

Just flew the area…it was awesome…

How about a spoiler alert, huh?

I’ve been circumnavigating the globe multiple times in a Cub to find that, and now the 6000 hours I’ve racked up are pointless.

Sheesh.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I didn’t say where it is, I provided a link - click at your own risk :wink:

Also 6000 hrs means you’ve been flying 28 hours per day since date of release, so unless you live on Mars, sounds a bit exaggerated :wink:

Now take that picture again with the reduced tree LOD. :joy:

2 Likes

The evidence is staring us in the face each time we load up a flight.

1 Like

For those of you that would like to visit - Paste these coordinates into the search bar on the world map -51.121320, -73.671507 when you spawn in, location is just off to the left over the hill.

Ya think? :wink:

I made it…with spike and all…let’s see your best shot

1 Like

at this point i’m tempted to call it false advertisement:
even with the vegitation distance fix 75

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/everyone-has-seen-it-but-where-is-it/377068/18?u=ju1ius2416