Locked out after online interruption, connection lost switched to offline mode

Do you have any add-ons in your Community folder? If yes, please remove and retest before posting.

No.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No.

Brief description of the issue:

My modem dropped connection for a bit, now locked out of the game

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Yes

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Unplug modem?

PC specs for those who want to assist (if not entered in your profile)

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

Are you on the Steam or Microsoft Store version?

Steam

Did you submit this to Zendesk? If so, what is your ticket #?

Yes, didn’t give me a ticket # (ID 117166)

The dialog was intrusive enough yet since SU5 it completely locks me out

I can only alt-tab to it, it doesn’t take any input, no mouse pointer

Even after rebooting the modem and having internet back, can’t interact

It only responds to alt enter, nothing else. Not responding to my flight stick either.

The plane keeps on flying (tracking on little navmap), co-pilot keeps on answering the radio. How do I get control back before landing…

Gave up trying, end task, restart game plus flight.

this autochange settings is unacceptable, if i would like offline i will prefer a2a mustang with p3d, this is absolutely nonsense, show this stuff disable online service and after second write, connection success, i want option for this, option for silence mod, when simulator have no any right to change settings, have no any rights to popup any windows when i flight or shooting down ac systems, optionally, i want all this stuff optionally, and when i wrote about popup, i does mean toolbar too, this game too good for boring player with things like that, so, if connection lost, just stay render downloaded content, reconnect, and do this **** with radio silence mod, not any singe ******* popups, and changing sim settings
thank you very much

you can press esc key on keyboard, go to settings and put back online services, then back to flight… sure it must be improvement by devs, but for now this only way is push esc. release it when connect back, and probably change UserCfg.opt property to read only, any way when it was sim doesn’t change settings(didn’t disable online services)

It’s locked, not responding to any key presses, no mouse pointer, nothing. The only thing that worked is Alt enter and alt tab. No ESC, no reaction to moving the flightstick, nothing, locked out.

I had it before the hotfix as well, yet then I got control back after getting reconnected. This time no dice. The ATC voices even turned back to Azure voices and the plane just kept on going behind the dialog box. Bizarre.

if esc no works is something very wrong, hadn’t this ever in this situation, i had blocked keyboard once or twice at old versions, but never had this again

I believe this has something to do with Xbox configuration changes.
Did analysis (Windows settings - Gaming - Xbox Networking) that said “Toredo unable to qualify. This could block you from playing multiplayer games”.
NOTHING wrong or changed with my network since I played trouble free last week. Now get the error I am not connected.

FS has been a comedy of errors since last week’s update. 1.18.15.0.
Trim readings no long show in favor of a convoluted button display popup that is meaningless.
Cursor disappears when you use an arrow key. Have to hit ANY arrow key to get it back.
*** Now Xbox connection error messages on my PC!
After an hour of checking, connections, router settings, NAT settings, etc. I just gave up. There is nothing wrong nor changed on my personal network. Microsoft/Xbox is the problem.
I work for a living. Don’t need to work for MS on weekends.

1 Like

today is festival of disco, i feel it as mockery and something personal with my 1% paranoid of all psycho types 90% hypomania another divided depression and schizophrenia lol, well i have tested long time ago, must be something change, but i know no much hahaha
ok. today it was every 5 minutes, 4-5 times, i lost in counting, no problem with mouse now, first one you could fast choice “ok” for don’t “disable online”, second it’s just told me it’s go offline, and after millisecond green badge successful connected, then again and again and again first type, without mouse coursor, so i should go out to options, crazy in this situation, is problem of their servers or mine provider or watever it is, less than second must be, because i was never stay offline, i mean i was never find this status, is work like harm very long time from i change provider, with other provider same, almost 0 problems, just speed was 100, now 500… in any way, i don’t get it, why? why they need to annoying us with this, if can just make reconnect in silent mod, without boring by those popups… what the problems they have, what force them to do this? sadism? social experiment? testing nervous system of gamers? what? i don’t see any logical construct in this behavior

Dropping the connection isnt so much an issue. It happens, but what sucks is that you lose control of the flight. Most of the time this happens to me when landing or taking off and I freaking crash because I can’t close the stupid window. I cannot control the aircraft. I have noticed that if you have the mouse set so you can look around the screen when the error pops up, you can’t use your mouse to close the window.

1 Like

this problem back, i mean it’s never gone after su5, but yesterday and second day back it was not so often, today it’s again, bang after bang after bang after bang, my guess they change time out value, because i found this problem thread on this forum year ago

1 Like