LOD problems - Trees & Water

I assume the first images are post-patch and the latter are pre-patch? Because the water in this patch looks like xplane, flat, no waves and just overall garbage.

Then you misunderstood me. I am not saying it was the same before the patch : ) I uploaded proof that now its much worse

1 Like

sorry for lack of informations. all are post-patch. and I experienced it for the first time. So i dont know if it was like that before the patch, but nonetheless its an ugly mess.

calm wind vs 22 kts wind reflection

Apologies, yep I thought you were saying nothing had changed.,

I’m not sure about LOD changes but I can 100% confirm that there has been changes to the autogen buildings, at least in the UK. Buildings that were previously drawn somewhat accurately are now replaced with out of place inaccurate models. Possibly due to bad OSM data.

1 Like

Ah. What is different in the wave/detailed images? Different weather or higher settings?
I mean what did you change between this image

and then this image?

Did you up the settings or change the weather, or what

True , sadly i didnt write mine down…

For me I just use high-end, then bump the anisotropic filtering to 16x, texture res and synthesis to ultra, cloud and windshield effects to ultra, DOF to low. Works well for most higher-end rigs

1 Like

There is a thread somewhere here where a fantastic poster walks through each graphic setting’s effects. I’m using his/her settings.

Another successful landing at KGEV. I’m sitting here on the apron looking around because you all have made me so suspicious now of the scenery! I’m going to fly down to Mount Mitchell in a minute and see what that looks like haha.

1 Like

Thx , i’ll try and find it . i could use the help :wink:

Everything is on max.

Only difference is the first one looks like that with surface wind 0-5 kts. The second one (good) 22kts wind.

So the larger the waves are the reflections are better

Thx alot !

■■■■■ ■■■■■■ people can’t express their opinions over here without some guy who thinks everything is fine complaining about the complainers. If you don’t like seeing people want to improve the sim, don’t read the thread.

2 Likes

Uhh. That’s xplane? or was that your intention, compare MSFS LOD to Xplane trees?

LOL @SurlierMovie919

This reminds me of FSX so much. Is that seriously MSFS?

5 Likes

It is :frowning:
As i said previously dense trees and better tree lod was what made the world alive and naturally looking. At many places like those hills with bad satellite imagery, trees did nicely cover those textures. Not anymore

Also when i see this avatar and a word x-plane i can only laugh. He is obsessed with some sort of grief towards x-plane.
Screenshot_20200919-181635_Chrome

Luckily i blocked him already so i dont see any of his posts :slight_smile:

I puked, thank you.

We need to upvote this

How does this flagging work here? Why do I get flagged for the most harmless posts?