LOD problems - Trees & Water

fairly sure that is water waves

Dont have what exactly?

Im at 4k 100 render scaling . I post all comparising screenshots with same max graphical settings.

You can see results for yourself and make your own judgment.

how do create an ignore list on this forum?

So what ? ā€¦ its a night and day difference for me and many others( 1080p )

1 Like

Click on persons profile, click on button with avatar logo called NORMAL. Then there you will have options.

You can test it for example on Pilot1811 profile if you like. It works

Tomorrow I will be hopefuly able to test old patch 1 version to compare and fully understand changes so we can create suggestions for Asobo

2 Likes

All these complaints and probably was complaining about poor performance before and now it does handle CPU better to give FPS desired and now your complaining it does look too good. Mine looks fine and no issues. 3950X and 2080TI

1 Like

The patch killed the wow factor for me. Post patch looks like a dressed up Flight Sim X. Iā€™m enjoying a smoother frame rate and love the flight model on the small planes, but I sure miss the amazing graphics from the launch version. Just go fly KSEZā€¦ all the reddish color is gone now even on ultra. The roads and buildings look slightly cartoonish instead of photo-realistic.

Itā€™s pretty obvious they improved performance by nerfing the graphics instead of fixing the threading problem. I hope the next patch brings back the amazing visuals.

Iā€™m not holding my breath for a quick fix though based on the fact they canā€™t even get the launcher to work. If it werenā€™t for Netlimiter 4 Iā€™d still be benched.

6 Likes

It seems im stuck at autogen mode. And yes, bing data is on etc. Xbox networking is open NAT. Only the precached/rolling cached areas are being generated nicely

Must be that computer of yours I upgraded and it has never looked better so maybe do a up grade or live with it

The technology is already there, or it wouldnā€™t have worked. Perhaps it needs a little tweaking and more bandwidth.

Does it matter if I have
NAT Type - Moderate, instead Open ??

I think so but i doubt if it has any bearing for Bing Maps cause my live traffic and live weather is working. Could be affecting your mutliplayer though

Does it affect the internet speed?
The image quality ?

For those of us who have seen degradation on photogrammetry or overall graphics looking ā€œworseā€ I tried to create a bug thread so that people can vote on it. Iā€™m not trying to debate anyone, just trying to get this thing fixedā€¦ this isnā€™t about liking the sim or not liking the sim, itā€™s about making the sim look as beautiful as it was meant to be.

5 Likes

Amazing screenshots to prove what Iā€™ve been struggling with as well! Have we created an actual bugs thread so people can vote?

Thatā€™s the only way Asobo will deal with this, right? By voting?

It was perfectly fine before, I have a i7-8700k, 32gb ram and a 2080ti installed on a SSD.

2 Likes

Done! Thank you

1 Like

thank you!!!

Voted here, too. If they did it once, they can do it again.

1 Like

Yeah I had a 6900k with a 2080ti on a m. 2 which your cpu is a little better then what I had, but I can tell you what going to this rog Maximus formula with a 10900kf I have everything on ultra and 1440p 45 to 65 FPS and itā€™s breath taking oh 64 go of memory 3600mz and I cloned a evo 970 plus 1 tb from a evo 960 pro so if you have the money do a upgrade its worth it and didnā€™t even have to reinstall windows 10 worked like a charm everything still works amazing.