LOD problems - Trees & Water

No difference?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/uploads/default/original/3X/4/b/4bc4f9d0b07fb36c78edf3761b8a941c497b21f1.jpeg

My water looks like the one in your last pic

Impossible. Would be nice if you post it. Surface wind <10kts, circa 5000ft AGL

Nvidia driver rollback donā€™t fix stutters, msfs2020 even more broke now that it has been.

At least it was smooth with the lAST patch before this oneā€¦

Nothing will fix what asobo did in this patch, only thing that can be done is asobo release new patch with everything reverted that they changed and or roll back The Whole game to a previous buildā€¦ to include serversā€¦

3 Likes

If the wind is 0kts it looks like the pic in your link, but it looked like your pic at launch too. When the game was released and i changed the wind to 0kts it looked like a mirror with zero waves. that was when the game came out. I remember that cause that was the first i did when i played the game. I changed the wind from zero to max to see how the waves change. One hour ago I flew over Zell am See and the water looked like the last pic you uploaded but i dont know if the wind was above 10 kts. I will test it again now.

Shouldn`t Asobo tell us today when the next patch will be released?

1 Like

From around 3000ft and above when surface wind is under circa 22 kts it looks like that.

Prepatch with wind 0.1 and more it looked correctly from any altitude.

Ok you are right. 2 Pics from just now.

This was taken before patch 1 and 2 came out.

1 Like

I just watched this vid and saw that there are alot of trees are missing in my game :frowning:

Thats how it looks for me. Ultra Settings:

you can see trees around the parking lot and around the airport in the vid. They are all missing in my pics :frowning:

The trees are gone but my performance is the same or sometimes worser.

1 Like

That last picture is where Asobo have manually added those water layers in, seen in very few parts of the world.

Regarding stuttering, I have reinstalled the previous Nvidia driver version (August) and performance has been restored. So it appears the fault lies with the latest Nvidia driver.

Also, Iā€™m quite sure the visuals have improved again: the clouds had started to look terrible, particularly granular around the edges, but now they look good again. Perhaps the TAA was affected by the Nvidia driver.

Although I do think Asobo have tweaked the visuals, as noticed by others particularly in the LOD.

What is the actual version number you restored to?

Guys, anyone solved this problem?

I donā€™t know. I havenā€™t got the PC turned on now. August version. Downloaded from Nvidiaā€™s website, as Windows wouldnā€™t let me roll it back via Device Manager.

Im quite sure that it didnt. I didnt updated to newest nvidia drivers and dithering issues started to appear after the patch :slight_smile:

Yes. Improved, as I said, but still not quite right. Clouds look better specifically, so I think the latest Nvidia driver was causing a problem, but I still think Asobo have done something to the visuals in their patch, too.

1 Like

As others have said, Leave Ultra settings as they were - IE something that will bring potato PCs to their knees. This setting should be the holy grail, allowing the sim to run at absolutely the highest detail settings - even if it is a slideshow. One step below that should run smoothly on higher end machines, and the rest of us can tailor the settings to our needs and decide what framerate we deem acceptable.

Rather than nerfing the detail levels, as perceived by some - the user should decide. We do have a large Description Box beside the Settings panel describing what each setting does after all.

I feel they may be catering for the lower end of the recommended specs, perhaps in order to gain more FPS for VR, or X-Box? Which is understandable, or perhaps itā€™s purely a bandwidth issue. I have a bog standard fast-ish internet connection, which this sim doesnā€™t really strain, and I havenā€™t really noticed a drop in texture quality OR a rise in performance (flying at 1k to 5k). However, I have not exactly been benchmarking per se. THere are issues with some GFX that I donā€™t like now - the sea and inlets look pretty bad to me.

Regardless, thatā€™s all fine - Just make the low settings a bit lower, and leave ULtra as it was.

There was too much tree density in the original. I guess they went too far to fix that. I couldnā€™t see some major highways in the pre patch as they were covered with trees. It looked nice and lush, but was an incorrect depiction of these roads.

But now there are alot of trees missing.

I just checked the latest development update from yesterday. Am I missing something or they just did not add this topic on any of their list?

I do not see anything regarding on LOD problems and trees. Hope my eyes with terrible vision is just playing another game to me

3 Likes