LOD problems - Trees & Water

You see: In an experience with a friend. The plane was in the same place. We opened a multiplayer section and headed over to him. He put what he saw in Discord and I put it as I saw it. Look at the difference !!
How is this explained? I don’t have the ptogrammetric textures or the terrain mesh.

It seems to me that you are not streaming bing data. Arent those default textures ?

It can’t be that, because I have a very fast cable internet: 400mbps

That doesn’t mean to say you are actually downloading anything. First, double check you have all of the online options enabled. Do you manage your own firewall?

My assumption was right, you are not getting satellite imagery data.

BING OFF vs BING ON screenshots. matches yours

Now you know what to do

1 Like

BINGO, IT WORKED !!! (or it would be: BING, it worked !!!) :joy: :joy:
I have suffered from this since the installation of Patch 2. It changed configuration and I did not notice. I don’t know how to thank you SurlierMovie919. Thanks a lot, guy!!

5 Likes

Well done! I can’t imagine flying above golf courses that whole time lol.

1 Like

Hello everyone.
As can be seen in my posts above, I had a lot of problems after installing Patch 2. Yesterday I spent almost the whole day in the forums looking for a solution to my problem, which was the low quality of textures and degradation of terrain mesh, a problem that after being discovered it was so simple to solve. Like me, I saw in the forums that there are a lot of people with problems very similar to mine. So if there is someone close to Asobe it would be good to be told that the last update, in some way, changed my configuration and because it is a launch simulator I didn’t have the idea of ​​looking at the Bing button triggered. We would save a lot of stress and hassle just by changing a switch.
I must also say that now I have a beautiful simulator running always above 30 fps, fluid and smooth and that Asobo should be more careful in these updates so that they do not lose many customers, because only an aviation enthusiast like me undergoes so much work and boredom. Thanks to everyone who somehow volunteered to help me.
Good flights to all! :wink:

1 Like

I lived on the east end of LI for 32 years and I agree with you - there are some areas that its not pulling anything from and what it is happens to be super blurry.

Not sure if the latest patch caused this but noticed out of Aerosoft Paderborn some trees are gone

I saw that too. I postet a video before the patch and my pics to show the difference. THere are alot of trees gone after the last patch.

Unfortunately they did not revert Tree LoD. Result is same as in patch 2

please upvote

2 Likes

Water is back for me with “Japan” patch :slight_smile:

FPS went up also

Not for me.
True waves still need more wind compared to release version. But there is a new effect layer on top. Not sure that I like new layer.

And the water has become less reflective overall.

Agreed on the reflectivenes

I dont know whats back with you.

But im gonna vomit everytime i see sun reflection in CALM water (up to 10kts surface wind). So heavy colour banding, its insane

That probably depends on your image setting.
I notice that color banding too, but it happens only when I use a more aggressive contrast setup with nvidia freestyle filters.

Disagree. No post processing here. You can look up screenshots which i posted from launch vs patch 2 versions.

Confirmed that its not with the setup.

Where can we find these screenshots?

In this thread