LOD problems - Trees & Water

It definitely looks worse. I have several grainy textures in the cockpit, and the airport around it has a much lower resolution. It’s all blurry.

Tryed both with online and offline features. I have done flights offline and the terrain and cockpit textures, airport looks were always great. Now it is utterly worse.

I do have the lastest Nvidia drive and settings werent changed.

It is just horrible.

2 Likes

I have changed nothing in the settings, but sim looks much worse now.

Asobo please roll back the patch.

The Tree rendeding distance (I think autogen ones) is horrid now.

2 Likes

Is Asobo run by the same people at Boeing?

1 Like

Nyx1819,

I managed to fix the issue thanks. Using this post:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/where-to-find-server-status-fs2020-not-working-anymore-re-install-not-possible-no-deluxe/251613/93

Now I get all the online features.

5 Likes

It would be great if it was all in the cloud, no download times, no need to buy expensive computers, etc, only a good internet connection.

1 Like

I’m so glad I wasn’t the only one to notice! I did a night flight after the patch and thought things were terrific. Sim seemed smoother, better FPS, etc. But it was dark. So I decided to try a flight over Chicago in the daylight to experience this wonderful new patch. Well…what the OP said. Terrible autogen popping, reduced LOD, etc ,etc.

So much for improved performance… Ugh.

2 Likes

lighting is off too, right? Like shaders or so

Nope. Stunningly beautiful as usual.

3 Likes

Really. We have differing expectations. Look at the blurry lack of detail in these areas. Didn’t used to be like this. I have seen this be much better earlier in the life of the sim.

13 Likes

If your “expectation” is super crisp detail kilometers away in low light, looks like you never stepped on an aircraft.

Or never looked out of the balcony at that.

PS: please don’t taint my screenshots. Use your own to whine.

3 Likes

I agree with you
I’ll try to change the server

You have not noticed how hard the pop-in is? How in your face it became? Literally chunks of scenery load in without any smooth transitions.

2 Likes

I agree. I had a feeling that things looked different. The lighting looking outside from the cockpit seems much brighter. I do not have screenshots but lod feels different and it is in fact much easier to see things popping up in the scenery now. Looking at this thread makes me think that my suspitions while playing the game after the patch may in fact be true. Unfortunately ASOBO will need time to get things in order. The capacity of the development team to work on such several issues in 2, 3 weeks is proven to be limited…

2 Likes

Actually no, I haven’t, because it doesn’t.

So I’m not unfortunately not imagining things.
The most important thing for me are non-fuzzy runway centerlines.
The ugly fuzzyness was the first thing I noticed after the patch…

1 Like

It’s not about WiFi or WLan. WiFi actually can be faster than your WLan, completely depends on your hardware. Lots of routers for example have max speeds on their ports of 100Mbps. But Wifi can easily reach 300Mbps. Just saying.

1 Like

Oh, you can “prove” how the sim looks on my PC? Interesting. :joy:

Don’t be rude and ridiculous.

You obviously were not on the alpha/beta test for this sim. I know what I have seen.

It is not the fuzziness alone. It is the fuzziness with defined blocks in it. The pop up right in front of you etc.

And in a real plane you can often see many many miles in good definition. I’ve seen San Francisco clearly from 250nm away, so yes, I have been on a plane.

Why so rude?

And if you post a screen shot on a public forum it is fair game for discussion.

13 Likes

Gif (framerate low due to Gif frame reduction):

Observe the pop-in. This happens to everyone.

imgur. com/ElN1J86

(remove space because the ■■■■ player doesn’t work)

1 Like

Tried everything, deleted all my cache. The problem remains. Textures got opaque, blurred, my cockpit has some granulated textures.

Perhaps is a bug, perhaps some people don’t notice the difference. I do think they should roll it back. Boy, we are in for a ride…