Log Book Still doesn’t work

Just did a flight. YSCN Camden departure. No flight plan. Just flew north coastal until I reached YKMP Kempsy. Landed and shut down. The flight was recorded as I would expect. This is typical of the hit and miss recording of the flight. It also shows how loosely it will record a flight correctly.

I use STKP as well. Really useful add-on; especially in conjunction with SimBrief.

Solved:

For information that might be useful, my UserCfg.opt file was checked “read only”, I unchecked it, everything is in order. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Still broken after the patch :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

That may be my issue, I always used ATC in FSX. But this ATC is garbage so I just ignore since it normally wants me to crash into mountains or descend 20000 feet in 10nm. Maybe the few times it worked I interacted with ATC more.

…this logbook issue is also probably tied to some of the achievement bugs. i’ve given up on soome of them due to the buggy nature of things.

Similar issue. For the last 5 or 6 flights landings are not showing in the log book (I get the "vicinity of " something unrelated message.

They are legit landings on specified runway.
I follow the taxi ribbon if available.
I park in a proper parking space if available. Set parking brake and shut off engine.

I did look at the UserCfg.opt file but mine was not toggled to read only.

Not a big deal but I sometimes look at the log to see the last airport code I landed at to continue the flight the next time.

Pete

Yup same issue, I havent seen anything in my log book in almost a month, even tho I am flying almost everyday.

Doing your own logbook is best. The stats / logbooks and achievments have always been completely broken and are probably very low on the todo list. There are good logbook templates for excel / openoffice

1 Like

I can confirm that my logbook is not recording my flights since the last patch. (1.9.3.0)

Nothing in my flight SOP’s have changed.

On the one hand, I’m content / thankful that I can fly without any major issues…on the other hand my logbook is missing a solid chunk of hours that would be pleasing to see reflected correctly.

1 Like

I normally play on vatsim so I have the same problems where my flights are not recorded, and the ones that are, always has a “vicinity” next to it.

I wish this was the case. Most of the time, particularly at smaller regional airports, there are no tugs or marshallers. Even when there are and I’ve followed all instructions and procedures to a tee, it’s hit or miss whether it will show me my log after a flight. If it does, then all is good. If it doesn’t then chances are it may or may not record my flight. If it does record it, it won’t record my landing and my log will say I was “in the vicinity of…” instead of showing an actual destination.

But I’ve had this happen at major airports as well with a full IFR flight where all ATC instructions were followed to the letter. I get to the marshaller, get guided in, stop as per his instructions, shut down, and nothing. I have to quit manually, which means my landing doesn’t get registered.

Before patch 18.3 you just needed to land to record a successful flight…since then, even if you try all the steps you have mentioned, for me it still doesn’t log the flight.

To increase visibility of this issue, please click on the vote button at the top of this thread:

Noticed today after I was directed to parking by ground, the spot where there was ground crew directing me in, logged the flight into my logbook… if I was in the “box” and shut engines down I would get a pop up window with my flight information and three choices (I think they were) 1. Main menu 2. Resume and 3. ??. if I went to GA parking with no ground crew I would not get the pop up box and there was no entry in my logbook??

Likely. I’ve gotten a lot of achievements for stuff I never even did, and didn’t get them for stuff I KNOW I did correctly. Could very well be linked.

Anyone ever got it to record landing an ICON on water?