Logbook broken for people?

I opened a thread here on the same problem before the update and NEVER got a response from MS/Asobo for why it’s happening or what to do. I logged out and logged back in and I had ALL of my landing and training challenges reset soooooo ya

2 Likes

After the su9 update, my logbook will not record anything. The logbook will always be kept on April 21. After the flight, you can see the record. Close the game and restart the game and it disappears.

1 Like

Terrible! Need to let DEV know!

I posted it in the report thread

1 Like

Its been going on since nearly the beginning, they are aware of it.

Before SU9 I’ve lost sometimes entries. Usually if the Sim runs longer then a hour. Therefore I quit and restat SIM after few flights or long flights.

After SU9 usually all entires of the last SIM session are lost after SIM quit and restart, but sometimes not. Today I tried to find out when this happens as a work around, but I could not find one yet. First I thought there is no loss, when I change and save options. But I could not confirm this assumption. Maybe the flights must not be longer then ~15 minutes and then SIM quit and restart…

normally lose some flight time what ever i do. quick resume doesnt seem to work anymore after SU9 , but that didnt help. shutting down properly is a lottery and CTD wrecks the hours. not that i`m to concerned . i have been on a round 180 hours for about a month now, so i dont feel as much as the aircraft nerd that i know i am

I agree - shutting down and quitting is a lottery to know if things are saved etc…

Shouldn’t be like that!

Do you think SIM 10 will be the one that sorts everything out and is just as great as SIM 8?

Or do you have no faith now - like many…

Hopefully we get some updates before SU10 to repair SU9

Having the same issue here. The last log that got saved was back on April 12th… Not sure what’s wrong cuz this is my first time facing this issue.

1 Like

EVERYBODY HAVE KNOW HOW YOU CAN SORT YOUR LOGBOOK ISSUE

(On XBOX of course)

So, when you land at and you turn off the engine and the APU generator battery - the LOGBOOK feed will appear (as you can exit or continue but the flight has been logged).

Exit to the main menu then go to your logbook.

Once you are on the logbook page you will see the recent flight you just had.

HOLD THE XBOX BUTTON ON YOUR CONTROLLER and select RESTART!

Once you do this of course your Series S/X (I have an S) will restart.

Go back to MSFS and it will QUICK RESUME right where you were (on the logbook page) and the flight will be saved!

Because, I have tried it and quit the game after checking and my flights are logged again all the time!

(This was before the MOST recent patch update I tried it and it was working)

But I still do it now (even after this current update) cos I still don’t trust this update fully (though at the moment it has been fine).

Hope this helps!

Glad you’ve found your solution but for PC this is still broken.
Not sure what has caused this issue but I’ve tried all kinds of weird stuff but non of them will make the game save my last flight. It’ll show up in the logbook before you exit the game and when you exit and launch the game again the flight you’ve just took will be gone.

1 Like

Sorry I don’t do PC so not sure :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

A easier way … I think

1. Park and turn off plane - to get logbook entry. Check logbook - should be there. Continue to play then…
  2. When finished playing tap Xbox button select MSFS then tap quit game button (right side of Xbox button)
    This I believe flashes all game settings to the cloud.
    I have not lost any hours thru four complete clean re-installs. Including the most resent updates.

dw

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.