Logbook logs my landings as in the vicinity of the airport

Update: well miracle of miracles, this afternoon I flew two circuits from and to my local airport and although I still don’t get the option to request directions to taxi to a gate, at least my landings counted in my logbook and the destination was not “Vicinity of (someplace nearby).” The thing I did differently for these flights was that when flight-planning, I picked a specific gate prior to flying.

Things are still weird though, because for one of those landings, the blue taxi directions arrows still pointed me at the wrong gate, lol. But at least both landings counted as completed, which is gratifying.

2 Likes

This happens on towered large airports too. It’s not limited to small airports. But it’s definitely more common at smaller non-towered airports.

1 Like

Did it give you credit for a landing? :smile:

No, no credit for the landing and I’m very upset. Captain Sullenberger was a hero for successfully ditching an A320, I thought I should get the same credit for ditching a 747 :wink:

1 Like

Same issues here:

Not logging full flights ( Flew Key West to St Maarten ) says i landed in the Bahamas?
Logging landing in vicinity of the airport
Not logging take offs (sporadically at best)
Just did a full flight from CYSU to CYYT and it did not register a single minute…

Frustrating as all hell, as its nice to look back and see where ive been along with accomplishments

The same by me. I get after a succesfully landing “vicinity” on a small airport on my route… 80 % of my perfect landings are “vicinity”

Flight from LIMC to LIRN with perfect landing

Type of the aircraft matters, In real life LIRN can’t ever land a jetliner, try with a small GA but if you really want to use the Jetliner, open objectives window, try land a jet again as soon as you stop on the runway, move plane out of the runway (if there are space) see if the objectives windows changed to “stop the engine” then do the shut down, that is the only way it will logged

1 Like

Last two flights, not even registering the flight at all!

1 Like

I got a “Vicinity” while doing the Balkan bush trip. The landing still triggered the end of the leg and it counted, but it was funny to see “vicinity” in the log.

Not registering for me recently, either.

1 Like

What?
LIRN
Naples International Airport
No “jetliners”, EVER!?

Yes, the same …

Frankly, I would be happy with a “vicinity” log entry. I did three short hop flights last night. Each one 30-35 min flights. Each flight planned using default flight planner. Every one successfully completed. Not one entry. No takeoff. No landing. I would bet I have 25-30 hours of trips that have no entry.

2 Likes

I think using the planner in the intro menu for each flight & taxiing to gate on arrival may solve this.

I have done a bit of testing lately. I found that if I am at an uncontrolled airport and don’t make my traffic calls, I don’t get logged. If I make the calls, I get logged. When IFR I have not had an issue as long as I stick with ATC and don’t bail out on them. When flying VFR in controlled space, as long as I contact tower and get cleared, I get logged. Last night however, I did a quick VFR trip from CYVR to CYYJ. Called YYJ tower, cleared to the approach, landed fine and taxied in. Marshall parked me, I shut down and flight ended. Logged showed I had landed “vicinity” CAM3. ???

I still have not managed to finish an planned flight successful. I allways recorded “vicinity” to the airport.

I do my best in communication allthough. I can follow the tower instructions and do what they want from me but there are a lot of things I not truly understand. For example where I have to go whern I am landed and have to taxi to parking. I see them all, planes, fueltrucks, marshalls, but where I have to go.

I have printed me the airfield instructions for EDFE but still dont know where is general aviation parking (or so) as it is not explained in that plan or I dont see it.

If anybody knows of an easy to follow airport to airport tutorial for flying noobs please post the link here. German language is welcome.

Thank you.

I get that too. Just did a 2 hour flight, nothing. Some times it logs fine, others vicinity, sometimes nothing. Cannot figure out the reason. When the game came out, I would just end the flight on the runway, it would log fine, when it starting acting up, I would park, shut down everything, that is hit or miss if it logs.

1 Like

I tried landed in EDFE 4 times and all logged, I found out it might missing the “trigger” point for your AI co-pilot to ask the parking so doing manually (as I always have ATC window opened during landing).

I also made a video to show what was going on when I landed in EDFE.
https://youtu.be/C9Pu9hB4PTk

Hope this help.