Logbook not logging

I’ve had three flights today. The first of which was just under 3 hours, the second was 1 hour 40 minutes, and the third about 15 minutes.

I believe I’ve got the time in my logbook, but when I just looked at the logbook after completing the third, the first flight of the day is no longer there, but the two after it are.

I’ve never seen that before.

The flights show until you shut down MFSF 2020 and restart. When you return to the logbook page all flights you flew that day are gone. At least mine are.

Yes, I no have a big gap from the 3rd to today with no flights, and the logged time keeps getting reset.

Just had a two and half hour flight in the 737, flawless
from LAX to OKC but wasn’t given credit for it. Wow.

Last saved entry I have is on the 8th of August 2022. Stuck on 1109 hrs for over a year. SU 13 doesn’t seem to have fixed this. Never flown in developer mode and always shut down engines at the end of flight. Not a “game breaker” for me, but a disappointment in an otherwise great sim.

Same for me, I created a bug report saying the fix didn’t work… please vote if you are testing SU13 beta and still have the bug!

Large logbooks still don’t save new flights - Sim Update 13 Beta / User Interface & Online Activities - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

1 Like

All good today, no rationale for yesterday with the exception that they were different airports and this was only an hour and a half flight! Logged flight.

I think Asobo/Microsoft should also enable manual edits, or upload comma delimiter file, because My Logbook stopped recording entries July 2022 when I had 1335 hours.

Since Sept 2022, I have been tracking my flights in an Excel spreadsheet. I have an additional 765 entries with a total over 2400 hours. I have 1.5 months not recorded, where I flew almost every day.

It would be nice to be able to upload my progress since “fixing” the issue will not correct what was lost. So, I will still have to track my progress manually, for accuracy.

4 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Large logbooks still don’t save new flights

I seem to be seeing this now. My logbook won’t record any flights for last moth. Stuck on 1430hrs (I’m probably closer to 1500hr now). Very annoying after 2 years.

Logbook stopped recording 25/7/23 since last update. Had 4183 hrs recorded!!!

Since SU13 logbook now takes about four minutes to populate

3 Likes

18 seconds for me. It may be the more data you have to show, the more time it takes to do it. But this “compression” thing for sure has something to do with it, though why it is affecting us locally I’m not sure.

I’m certain the Azure team have heard of inline compression for storage before. There is no need for the client to do anything as the storage takes care of it all.

1 Like

4200 recorded I only say this as people will start thinking the sim is frozen but if you leave it it recovers, I

I measured mine at 2min or thereabouts, perhaps it’s a CPU specific since it has to go and uncompress the compressed logfile now before displaying it. It does work though as I had my first flight since mid july actually saved. It’s just a weird solution though, I mean why did they not change logfile max to 32MB instead? Limiting RAM usage?
The page doesn’t even say “please wait”, “be patient” or “decompressing”, it just says “no entries” and the system hangs for 2+ minutes!

Agreed. For example, I just completed the first 4 legs of the Carribean DR-Haiti bush trip. Only the first leg was correctly reported. Leg 2 shows a take-off & no landing. Legs 3 & 4 are missing completely. This is just 1 example. I estimate between 10-20% of my flights are not recorded at all, and a higher percentage are recorded, but with incorrect take-off and/or landing data.

Unlikely to be a cache size issue for me - I only purchased the sim a little over a month ago and have less than 100 hrs flight time.

I just completed the first 4 legs of the Carribean DR-Haiti bush trip. Only the first leg was correctly reported. Leg 2 shows a take-off & no landing. Legs 3 & 4 are missing completely. This is just 1 example. I estimate between 10-20% of my flights are not recorded at all, and a higher percentage are recorded, but with incorrect take-off and/or landing data.
[Edit: This is a basically dup of my previous comment made in another topic that was merged into this one]

M-a-d.

Just did a long TBM 850 flight, and shut down the aircraft accordingly etc. The flight is not even recorded in the logbook!

Rolling cache off…if that has anything to do with it? What else could it be?

Sorry for the problem! The standard first question is, do you have dev mode on, or did you have it on at any time during the flight? Dev mode will prevent logging.
Regards

1 Like

I guess I had. =P But I still get this on certain parking spots on some airports, even if Ive not been in devmode. Thank you!

1 Like