Logbook not updating after patch

Nothing has logged for me since the update. When I land and exit the runway nothing triggers as far as taxi and parking. Contact ground or traffic and all I can get is options to take off again.
Also before the last patch when doing a multi-leg flight and landing at some airports along the way it only wants to log the last segment of the flight.
Also sometimes in the past parking in the square, shutting down and shut off avionics but the briefing does not trigger.
All very convaluted and confusing with no manual or help to explain how it works (or is supposed to work).
The logbook like the AI copilot would be much better if there was a way to elicit a response to figure out what it was thinking. Maybe the objectives function could be the answer.

cannot download fshub and even lrm. i clic download notjing happen. i have the saame problem since new update. since 3 november ive done about 20 flights and all i see in the logbook is november 3 and before, not the later ones. i land perfect going straight to the gates , everything is off, no new log.

not sure why youā€™re having issues downloading the LRM client, just tried the link i posted in the thread and the link works for fshub along with the download link at the linked website.

i did notice the download link for LRM client didnā€™t work for some reason when i had the webpage up in a small browser window, but once i went to full screen with the browser window, the link started working, so maybe try that.

hope this helps. once i switched to Fshub and LRM, i stopped caring if they fix the ingame logbook since it was lacking any real information (flight distance, fuel usage, speed, altitude, etc.).

thank you , ok just found out that if want to download it with google chrome it doenst work, but download with windows internet explorer it works. will try that.

thatā€™s odd, but admittedly i donā€™t use chrome (i use firefox).
if you have any questions, let me know.
hopefully youā€™ll find it as useful as i have. this is what a good logbook should look like, and iā€™m not sure why Asobo implemented such a limited and eventually, useless, logbook:

1 Like

Would like to suggest that the Flight Log book entry sensor be set some how to log once you have successfully landed and shut down your aircraft at any point on the airport in general. This may not be important to folks who only fly into developed airfields , but for those of us who fly back country and land at un-developed air fields, you loose any flight time because the parking spots, if there are any, are usually not marked and unless you want to aimlessly move your aircraft around the runway, hoping to find the exact spot that will trigger the log book entry, you simply loose all that flight time. Thanks for listeningā€¦ Robin

2 Likes

I think it should log and store them in real time regardless of whether you land or not. That way at least a crash to desktop or reboot already has it logged in the hours even though thereā€™s no landing counter.

4 Likes

Apparently navmap does, downloading now. https://albar965.github.io/littlenavmap.html

I have done two longer IFR flights with the A320 after patch and the logbook is broken. However if I fly a shorter VFR it does register flight as it should. Before patch I had no problem with the logbook :thinking:

:joy:

1 Like

logbook is total ā– ā– ā– ā– . I even had a landing, was routed to parking, had the air-bridge automatically hook up to my planeā€¦ no landing recorded, the wrong airport and only (visinity)

logbook is uselees

2 Likes

As I said, we should vehemently point to this when it comes to collecting questions for the next Q&A with Asobo. I will certainly do. My latest flights, all from C&D ramp to C&D ramp, are completely missing from the logbook.

1 Like

I wouldnā€™t say useless, but certainly temperamental. The problem is your words say what you believe happened, but a video would show what actually happened, and I have yet to see a single video from someone illustrating these problems.

The logging seems tied to the objectives system, and in part this is updated by interacting with ATC, or at least ATC assists with the triggering of objectives being updated. If this process interrupted, then it will fail to record a take off or landing.

But no one seems to want to actually record a video of this in action. Iā€™ve flown some of the routes that users have reported to have not logged, and got both my takeoff, and landing logged correctly. So I have to assume that they performed those flights, and one of those key steps were not followed to trigger that logging event. But since they donā€™t record the video to show their takeoffs or landing, we canā€™t be sure.

Iā€™m not saying this isnā€™t an issue, but I am saying that if you donā€™t do exactly what the sim needs you to do to trigger those events, then they wonā€™t log. Work within those constraints, and things tend to work out. But I still get those odd occasions where I taxi, and hold short, at airstrips where you simply announce you are taking off, and the objective to enter the runway remains after takeoff.

1 Like

Sorry to disagree. I donā€™t care for any objectives. If I fly from a ramp to a ramp of another airport the flight should be logged with proper takeoff and landing entry.

Besides, I made flights with full (VFR) ATC guidance where the departure and/or landing entry were still missing.

5 Likes

What about IVAO and VATSIM players? They donā€™t need in game ATC!

Exactly.

1 Like

My $0.02.
After reading all of this, I flew with the objectives window open. It seems fairly obvious to me that at least part of the problem is in how FS decides the current state of the flight state machine. The ā€œnext stateā€ triggers are too easily confused. For example, landed state will return to pre-takeoff state if a wheel goes off the runway - even on a grass field where the edge of the runway is not visually well defined.

So, if we fail the state machine somehow, maybe print the failure in the objectives window? At least that way we would have a clue as to what went wrong.

I also suggest allowing the user to choose between

• takeoff and landing states only
  • all flight states

YMMV
$0.02

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry that both you, and @TenPatrol missed my point. I donā€™t disagree that you shouldnā€™t have to do this. What I am saying is that currently you do. Your are speaking of ideals, I am talking of facts.

Ideally, they can fix this so you can do whatever you please, and it will magically know you took off or landed, but currently it doesnā€™t, and if you donā€™t do what is currently necessary, then it wonā€™t log.

So I agree with your sentiment, but that doesnā€™t matter at the end of the day.

Exactly, and if you deviate from this then it fails to log.

I missed the Tanzania official fly-in yesterday, busy watching the Mandalorian! :slight_smile:

So Iā€™m flying that route solo, an I have left the Objectives window open, which normally I never do. I just wanted to follow the flow, and at some point intend to record a take-off, from cold start to handing off once airborne. That would show all the expected steps for a towered airport, then I would repeat for an un-towered one. It would be interesting to see the stage that it gets stuck on, which as far as I remember is usually the ā€œtaxi to maximum of 15ktsā€.

Well that seemed to work out okay, except it was around 16:44 when I landed, not 16:02. I have consistently seen at least 20 minutes chopped off the end of a flight, but the start is usually pretty accurate. Three take offs, from the first three, and three landings for the last three. I did land on top of Kilimanjaro, but I guess it has no way of logging that? The objectives window did change from ā€œclimb to cruise altitudeā€, to ā€œEnd Flight: Shut down engineā€ though.

1 Like

The problem is your words say what you believe happened, but a video would show what actually happened, and I have yet to see a single video from someone illustrating these problems.

Not sure why I would commit such time and system resourcesā€¦ just to convince you.

And frankly, this is a pretty insulting comment, one of the most condescending I have seen in these forums. Do you think people are imagining these things happening? It is a statement of fact. This is not some issue like fuel-usage being out, but it turns out the APU is left on for the flightā€¦ It is pretty cut and dry

And as they say in aviationā€¦ any landing is a good landing. Putting it on the ground at your desired airport should indeed be logged as a landing, even if you park it on the fricken runway

5 Likes

Not at all. I have had it happen to me myself, Iā€™m simply suggesting that there is a logical reason for these things happening, that may not be obvious, which is why I was saying that a video would show more than words, thatā€™s all. And for the most part I have sussed what it expects you to do, so most of the time my flights are logged correctly.

No offence intended.

your statement made the implicit suggestion that because you had not seen a video there was no evidence it was happening. There are ways to suggest a video without being antagonistic and suggestive it is not happening