Logbook not updating after patch

Its a little concerning when the number of take-offs exceeds the number of landings :joy:.

3 Likes

First, I haven’t logged a flight since 11-11-20. My work-around was to land at an airport/strip, etc. Then I would activate the AI. The AI would taxi to the appropriate parking spot and shut down. The flight would then log.
This no longer works as of the latest patch. The AI once activated now just drives the plane around all over the place until it crashes. It can not find a parking spot at all at any of the smaller airstrips.

Thanks

Same here and added to that is that I fly a TBM930 but it records me as a Citation CJ4.

One flight of over an hour is shown as 4 flights (in vicinity) in a totally other continent, of 1 to 2 minutes.

2 Likes

I tried all your failed landing logs :+1:

Today is Nov 15 just landed and flight didn’t log. I flew pretty much all day on the 14th and absolutely nothing got logged. I’m flying the 747 my last logged flight was on the 11th smh.

Most of those entries are non-sense :joy:. EHBI and LQGL? No clue where that is :joy:.

Is there a work around for this? This is insane.

Little Navmap, maybe Asobo can ask the creator how to make their own logbook work.

Not a workaround per se. You have to use the sim how it expects, not how you want to, whether that is logical to the user or not. Another user asked about users of Vatsim, where a human is ATC. Sadly the sim neither knows or cares about this, and if you don’t jump through the hoops the sim expects, your flights won’t log correctly.

You may get the actual flight logged, but if you don’t perform the actions the sim expects you to i.e. requesting taxi to active, holding short, requesting take-off, entering runway, and finally take-off, it doesn’t detect you haven’t taken off, so when the log is created it may not show that take-off.

This isn’t a workaround, it is a set of procedures to change the in-game state of your flight through a series of steps.

However Asobo decide to detect you have left the ground, some tick box or stage has to be passed so that, for example, if you didn’t even request take-off, and decided to take off on the taxi way, or across the ramp, a take-off even would still be logged.

Some might point out you shouldn’t do that! :wink:

same here
 have not had a logged flight since then either. it is total pile of excrement!

still loving the sim though
 problemsa and all. During a flight last week, the AutoPilot just decided to be completely broken and misbehave. Even altitude intervention was refusing to work as it had just the flight before, but even then
 I approached it as a failure, attempted to problem solve and wound up with a beautiful landing that I was quite proud of.

that does not mean there are not bugs though

How do you request taxi to the active or permission to land or taxi to parking at an airport with no tower? Until the last few updates, my flights have all logged [take off, landing & flight time). The last month or so all I get recorded is my flight time. Rarely will I get credit for the takeoff or landing. I go through the steps of announcing that I’m taxiing and announcing that I am taking off. When I am coming in for a landing, I announce that I am making a full stop landing, announce my position, announce that I am on final and then announce when I am clear of the runway. I’ve even gone so far as to delicate control to the copilot to park. I made a 20 minute flight last night from 1O2 to KUKI following these steps and all I got credit for was my flight time. It said 0 under takeoff and landing.

On the landing challenges I get credit for the landing as soon as I stop on the runway. I even get credit for a takeoff that I didn’t perform in the vicinity of the airport that I landed at.

while that answers your question, what I really come to say is I like your username and lament the fact I am now on the other side of the world
 and failed to get a Delftware Nijntje at the museum in Utrecht (Miffy to us non KLM flyers
 checks own livery, umm non-Dutch flyers lol)

btw
 you know Utrecht is the best city in the world right?

also
 Has anyone landed or setup a custom airport at Soesterberg??? So far I have only managed to ride a bike down the runway (real world). side note, it would be cool if the Military Air museum was modeled properly!

You simply announce you are taking off from such, and such a runway. The issue with those is it often doesn’t transition between the state of taxiing to the runway, then entering the runway. I have managed to get it to trigger a few times, but I had to do more than just enter the runway. In one case I had to taxi past the threshold, crossing on to the grass.

Now that is interesting 
 so far, in my troubled logbook, at least the aircraft was always correct.

If this can happen, then (I guess) it moves this bug into a totally different region of the game code. Such a mismatch can not be explained by a lack of “proper check point” actions during flight 
 where only ATC and the objectives play a role.

This looks like something really low-level is not doing what it should.

And I am starting to wonder if the “buggy” airport history is also related to this topic.
I recently started to notice that the “last 3 airports” which show up in my history, when I try to pick a new departure location, are not really the last 3 locations that I used.

Another thing I started doing was turning on the procedures (I think thats what it’s called) from the drop down tool bar. I noticed that when I followed all of the procedure steps when trying to take off from VNLK it got stuck on the one saying to “taxi to the active not to exceed a maximum of 15 kts”. I tried taxiing back and forth, onto the runway, stopping g short, tried various speeds. It would not advance to the next stage even after I took off. And like the rest, I had 0 for a takeoff there. I think using the procedures tool will at least help see if I am going to get credit. If it acknowledges that I took off and then tells me to depart to cruising altitude or something like that then I get credit for the takeoff. I tried letting the copilot takeoff from VNLK but that ended tragically for all on board.

turn on taxi assist if you don’t have it already.
i had the same issue personally, but found the taxi assist was sending me to the other end of the runway. i made my there, and the objective didn’t change until i actually pulled unto the runway and rolled a few feet past the taxi assist pointer.

I did a flight today, 3 hours long, and the logbook worked. I had the objective window open. The objectives are very strange, they update at weird times, and get stuck on weird objectives. For example, the objective reads “Climb to cruise designated altitude” on an IFR flight, where ATC has given me an altitude, when I am flying at that altitude, for the ENTIRE FLIGHT. It’s only after I am on approach for landing that the objective changes to “slow down, lower gear” etc.

After landing I taxied to the parking spot with the flag guy. When the flag guy’s hands were in an X, I stopped the aircraft. The objective never updated. When I cut the fuel supply, THE FLAG GUY VANISHED! I turned off all lights, closed both fuel valves, turned off the mags, and finally turned off avionics. That brought me to the end screen, and I got credit for the flight in my log book.

Very unintuitive behavior.

1 Like

The problem with Taxi Assist is that I am trying to complete several of the achievements that must me completed without using any assists. If I have the taxi assist on I won’t get credit for the achievement.

1 Like

I have the same issue. I just landed after a ~4:15 A320 flight from Paris to Tel Aviv. It logged it correctly and I even got the post flight logbook window. A flight earlier today from Sofia to Paris logged time and take off but I didn’t get the post flight report or landing credit which is how most of my flights seem to get logged. It seems to be about 1 in 20 flights that the logbook actually works properly.

Probably the safest way is to ensure that you only fly between towered airports. Even without the taxi markings, when you are handed to ground, and you request taxi to parking, it should spawn the marshal’s at your parking spot, you now just need to find it, with the pushback tug, and the marshal holding batons. It would be helpful here if they gave you the parking spot/stand to use, as you could use an external tool like LNM to find it easily. This number is shown in the UI if you have the taxi way assist on, but you are not informed by ATC in voice/text. The other way is to use the camera drone to have a scout around for where they are waiting, if it’s a very large airport.

Actually, with hindsight, maybe an un-towered airports would be even easier. You don’t actually need to find a parking spot at those, and just need to taxi off the runway enough to trigger the ATC dialogue to announce you are clear of said runway. If you then park, and shutdown, it should trigger the landing. No need to find a parking spot, even if there is one.